• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do I get dla forms?

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, as the title says. Plus I have a paediatrion letter stating that daughter has global development delay and speech probs and it also states other things I'd like to add to form. I don't want to send my only copy off, does anyone know if I can send a photo copy?

Hey,

Just did a quick search and found this https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/disability-living-allowance-for-children-claim-form

I would take more than one photocopy of it (my mum still has a copy of the letter from my consultant from like 1997!), and see what it says on the form as to whether you have to send original. They may say that a photocopy is ok, I would include a self addressed envelope, but I'm assuming you will be able to get another copy from the doctors if they don't send it back?

Good luck :)

Oh God, am I right in saying it's 74 pages long!

If you fill it in by hand, if you do the online version it's 44 pages!

It's a long long form and I am so thankful that I don't have to fill it in anymore (was awarded it indefinitely a few years ago...well until i get moved to pip). It is important to fill it in as if you are telling an idiot about your daughters conditions.

Any letters you send from doctors etc need to be photocopies as they won't return original documents, and look online for organisations that offer guides for filling the form in, cerebra were excellent when I applied, my daughter is being diagnosed for asd. Ultimately it all comes down to showing what extra care your child needs , not what their diagnosis is. Dont rush the form, you'll have six weeks to fill it in, and photocopy the whole thing before you send it off, just for future reference, and send it recorded delivery !

Good luck

Do NOT send original documents. I learnt this the hard way. Photocopies are perfectly acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->