How do i get healthy and change my life

Hey Hun, Welcome to the Forum :)
Its great that you are thinking ahead in planning for TTC, the best way of eating healthily I find, is to cut out the crap e.g crisps, dont buy them then you cant eat them lol.
Im a Major Crisps Fan, I dont have a sweet tooth, im a savoury kinda gal! Pasties, crisps, butties and so on..
Try buying in Jacket Potatoes they can be done pretty quick in microwave, and have a filling such as beans ad a bit of cheese or tuna with low fat mayo.
You can buy healthy ready meals but I find they dont fill me up enough.
Treat yourself once a week with something yummy that you really like.

You can buy some multivitamins from anywhere. supermarkets do their own brands so they arent expensive.
Plenty of fresh veg and fruit is great for you, but may put up the shopping bill, so try frozen veg that you can steam in the microwave or frozen fruit that you can blend into a smoothie :)

Good Luck x

To be honest im not a big fan of veg, except things like Beans Peas and raw carrots or salad products. Is it possible do you think to make soup from Frozen veg as i can eat veg in soups?

Also thinking of buying slow cooker so that i can cook something say like Mince while im at work during day to take with me to work at night and just heat up in mocrowave, you get things like frozen mash and that nowadays.

Do you think it will help?

Welcome to B&B!

Yes, it's possible. I usually use frozen vegetables in my soups.

Some people set aside a day to cook all their meals for the week then freeze them. Then they only have to reheat them later.

I like Lean Cuisines! to be a great way to get lunch when I'm busy with the baby, I can just go pop it in the microwave, and it's got small portions (but enough to fill me up), good food (but healthy) and not too many calories. Another easy way to start eating healthy is to do simple things like replacing white bread for whole wheat, white pastas for whole wheat pastas, baked instead of fried, and for sweets try reduced sugar things the skinny cow and weight watchers deserts are actually really good. Oh and for breakfast I make fruit smoothies! I use frozen fruit (peaches, mangos, blueberries), fresh banana, oj or apple juice, and vanilla soy milk, though I like to make it with a thick texture (add ice) and it's very filling and yummy.

Don't buy junk food. If it's not in your home, you can't snack on it. :)

No, but you can jump in the car and zoom down to the nearest Budgens and buy it! ;)

(Have to be a bit careful with 'ready meals' as they're usually loaded with salt)

I own a slow cooker and use a lot of frozen veg in my stews and soups, if you google slow cooker recipes you will find loads! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->