How Do I Get Rid Of My Cold Without Strong Meds!

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
This cold has been building up day by day for 2wks and now for the past few days its really been surfacing! I have your typical stuffy nose, coughs, sneezes, & heavy headedness. But there is only so much a crappy bog standard paracetamol & the odd bit of vixs vapour rub can do.

Anybody got any suggestions of anything that i CAN take that may work? Especially to relieve my stuffy nose and sneezing!? I dont particularly want to go to the doctors because usually they are not helpful in any way shape or form an just send you home an tell you to rest an drink plenty of fluid. But i fear at this rate when i do go into labour i will still be all snotty an sneezy! Perfect for greeting my LO into the world.

Any suggestions, i would be very greatful!

Thanks in advance :flower:

Theres no cure for a cold but certain things help like honey and lemon x

I had a cold the other week which started as a sore throat so I took paracetomol and bought some soothers. It then turned into a full blown cold and I just kept up with the paracetomol and had warm squash to keep my fluid levels up (apple and blackcurrant worked a treat, half cold water half hot water - bliss :) )

Worth a try to see if it works for you. I also kept blowing my nose and used tissues with balsam on them to stop my nose from turning into rudolph! :hugs: I hope it clears soon!

Afraid not, I had an awful cold for about 3 weeks because I just didn't want to take anything, I think all u can take is paracetamol anyway. Lots of rest if you can, I drank lots of hot orange squash (makes u think its a lemsip!) Hope u feel better soon x

Sadly there is no cure for a cold.....just ways of masking the horrible symptoms. hopefully as you've had it for so long it will go soon?
Must be rubbish poor you!

I find if I have a sore throat a teaspoon of honey really helps it to stop hurting. x

I'm feeling exactly the same at the min! Paracetamol just don't seem to be doing anything. I've been in bed 3 days so far :(

try ecinacea :flower:

you can get tea, or water soluble tablets or capsules etc. it's a natural remedy :)

try boiling the water in a pot, add a spoon or two of baking soda and put a towel on your head and breath in and out the hot air in the sink leaning above the pot. this should help with breathing and should clean your tonsils. Other methods - tea with lemon (not too much honey as it's got too much hormones), walking in a fresh air, vitamin c, fruits and vegs, at least 2L of water a day, no hot baths, just quick showers and quickly dress up, don't go outside after the shower etc. Loads of natural things to help with cold, it'll go eventually if you take care of yourself

try ecinacea :flower:

you can get tea, or water soluble tablets or capsules etc. it's a natural remedy :)

I wouldn't do that if i was you in pregnancy. Any herbal concentrate can be too much for your growing baby inside.

Normally a non pregnant me would be living on nurofen, every olbas oil product under then sun an crap loads of lucozade but unfortunatly thats not possible. Regular paracetamol never worked before an it certainly doesnt work now =/ it doesnt help either that ive got IGA defficiency, which is basically no antibodies in my blood that are needed to fight infection... looks like i will need a trip to the doctor to see if he can do anything =[

try boiling the water in a pot, add a spoon or two of baking soda and put a towel on your head and breath in and out the hot air in the sink leaning above the pot. this should help with breathing and should clean your tonsils. Other methods - tea with lemon (not too much honey as it's got too much hormones), walking in a fresh air, vitamin c, fruits and vegs, at least 2L of water a day, no hot baths, just quick showers and quickly dress up, don't go outside after the shower etc. Loads of natural things to help with cold, it'll go eventually if you take care of yourself

There are hormones in honey!?!? I've been loving honey recently..oops. I had no idea?

There are hormones in honey!?!? I've been loving honey recently..oops. I had no idea?

Honey is hormonal extract (wow, sounds silly HORMONAL :D ). I read it somewhere long time ago as well as my friend, who was studying sciences, said that. I'm allergic to it anyway so don't really know whether it's 100% true

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->