How Do I Keep Him Entertained?

nessajane

Reaction score
I know Tyler isnt a toddler yet but thought you girls would be the best people to ask :thumbup:

Im having a real nightmare with Tyler atm :wacko:

He can now crawl and pull himself him onto the furniture and since this he has no interest in toys at all and he is constantly crawling around pulling dvd's out, putting things in his mouth etc.. I try to get him interested in his toys but after about 1 minute he just crawls off and causes mischief :dohh:

Any Ideas girls :flower: xx

AJ's new thing to do is to 'chase' a soft play type ball around the floor. He cant quite grasp it everytime so it rolls away....and he goes after it.

Noisy time, instrments and singing.

I normally put a load of toys on the floor and on his way over to climb/distroy :hehe: something will catch his eye!

Have you got one of those stand up baby walkers for him? You know the ones they stand up with and push along?

Brooke LOVES that, it amuses her for ages because she just wants to stand, so she can play and stand iykwim?

now that he is a bit more mobile...he gets to explore all the things he was only able to look at before that made him curious.

if he goes for something like the cds or dvds...go up with him...take one case out and let him see it..just so he gets the curiosity out of the way..but show him that you are putting it back and bring him to a new location to things that he is allowed to play with. children are repetitive tho...he will go back to them...but just do the same thing each time.

I havnt got him a walker holly as he doesnt like to stay in the same place, for instance he hated in jumperoo as he didnt like to be stuck in there and would cry everytime i put him in :( but a walker could be a good idea as at least he could move around :)

MsLesely, thanks ill will try that with him and hopefully see if that will work too

Thanks for your replies xx

God you could of just explained jacob, ask the girls i met at the meet. Jacob DOES NOT STOP!! He is on the go from 5.30am till bed time straight. When im at people's houses they are amazed no matter what you give him he wants something else or just go EVERYWHERE! Now he is walking its worse! But im just taking hope in that its a phase and eventually they will grow out of it....when there 5 :rofl:

XxxX

Hi

My little boy is into everything too and he doesn't stay in one place for long either. Different mums feel differently about baby proofing, I know, but we found it easiest just to move anything tempting out of reach. Thomas can then just crawl/cruise around and I can just sit and watch without having to chase him around too much. I have found a few toys recently that keep him occupied - like shape sorters, cars to push along, a walker (not one you sit in but one you push along), a rody space hopper etc. Also, if it's sunny I take him outside in the garden and try to let him wear himself out crawling around n stuff.

I found it a bit of a shocker when Thomas became mobile and was really tired by tea time ha ha I'm kinda getting used to it now though - if this helps at all!

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->