How do i know if im ovulating?

Pinkcasi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive not been on this forum in a long time, so it's a bit weird to be back.

I have been breastfeeding my LG now 25 months. I went to the Dr the other day to ask about how i can kick start my cycles as i want to try for number 2, he suggested i wean her, the very next day Aunt flo came to visit :happydance:

However how do i know if im actually ovulating, i have a whole stack of opks from last time but they're out of date, i don't know if this means that they wont work, i've been using them the last few days just in case.
Is it possible that i can have my period but not actually ovulate?

My LG is still nursing so i don't know if this would effect ovulation, it's obviously kept AF away for 2 years.

I am 37 years old and i only have one ovary, please tell me it's doable.

TIA

The only way to confirm ovulation is to get a BBT and start temping and charting. OPKs are a helpful tool but will not confirm ovulation as you can have lh surges and not ovulate. Some women are annovulory and have periods. I wonder, since you only have one ovary does that mean you only ovulate every other cycle?? I guess that would be a question for your doctor. Given your age, only having one ovary and not having a period for 2 years I highly suggest you work with an OBGYN right away. In the USA if women over 35 do not successfully conceive after 6 months it is recommended she seek treatment.

According to my surgeon the one ovary shouldn't make a difference, apparently the other ovary should take over.
I saw the Dr literally the day before af came, he said there are years they can do, I have a telephone appt on Mon to discuss it as I don't want to waste too much time if there are problems.
Thanks for your reply.

i agree with everything 2ducks said. the only real way to tell if you ovulate or not is to bbt chart. opks are only good to guage when ovulation may possibly be approaching but even then some woman can lh surge and not ovulate leading to a false positive and some women even have multiple lh surges or lh surges that can last for days at a time leading to confusion. i hope i didn't sound like a debbi downer but i personally never used opks and strictly charted, TTCing is stressful enough :wacko:
good luck and baby dust sweetie :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"