How do I know if my water broke?

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
I have been leaking fluids a little but I might just be peeing my pants lol how can I tell when my water breaks

Does it smell like urine?

Amniotic fluid often carries a sweeter scent, nothing like wee. Is it still coming out?

Yeah it definitely has a different smell. When my water broke I was sleeping, I got up and changed, put towels down and crawled back into bed lol. As soon as I laid down it happened again so that was a good indicator that something was wrong! It would leak more the more I walked around as well. Are you still leaking? Maybe sit on the toilet and try to see where it's coming from! That's what I did lol! If all else fails call your dr and they can test you :)

It's hard to tell! Yesterday I would have SWORN I was leaking because I was having lots and lots of watery CM. Called my doctor and they even asked me to go into the hospital to get checked after what I described (soaked 1/2 a panty liner in an hour and 15 minutes). It ended up not being my water, but the nurse at the hospital said it sounded like it was and was glad I came in and had it tested because it's better safe than sorry. They see slow leaks all the time, so it definitely could be. The only way you'll know is if you get it tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->