how do i tell them to go????

M

maddiwatts19

i know that Riley's only nearly 2 weeks old, and that everyone in the family wants to see him and all that excitement of a new baby etc, but i'm really getting fed up of having atleast one relative here everyday! :cry:

me and Rob just want the chance to learn to be parents by ourselves and having someone here everyday makes me feel like i cant be a mother! when people are here and he needs feeding/changing/putting to sleep everyones like "can i do it?" it is nice to have some help but he's 2 weeks old and me and Rob havent yet had one day just us three.

i really do appriciate the help, so i dont want to bluntly tell them to piss off. but i just cant cope anymore. its not even like they phone and ask to come over, they just turn up on the doorstep!! sometimes i dont see my family that much, but i've seen them more in the last 2 weeks than i have in the last 2 years!!!

i just want to ask them to but out without offending anyone because there probably will come a time when i need their help...:cry: its so hard :cry::cry:

Tell them you want to spend a day as a family, just the 3 of you, they can't be offended by that?

The first few weeks are very rough with people coming by all the time. I didn't mind though cause I had a c-section and really needed the help when my DH was at work.
Anyways if someone asks to come over that day just say sorry but your really tired, or that don't want too much excitement, or just be honest and say that today is family bonding day, or that you are feeling really overwhelmed with all the people, so could you possibly come over next week instead?. Good luck, and enjoy your baby!

I told my family in advance that I would appreciate if they would only visit a few weeks after as the baby's been born.Their immune system is still very weak and he can pick up flu or some other illness easily. Since your family is already in the swing of things maybe you should just lie and tell them your LO has the sniffles and you just want to take precaution and that they are welcome to come visit at another time maybe later on.

:hugs: aw hun i feel for you
I had this problem when our LO was born we constantly had visitors and then when we thought we had a minute to ourselves just the 3 of us some one would turn up unannounced.

Itll soon die down hun :hugs: xx

What Karen said is true, at that age getting sick isn't good, you could tell them that you are really nervous about you baby getting sick so you'd really appreciate people waiting another week or so to visit the baby.

aww hon, this is soo very hard! can you speak to one family member that can perhaps relay the message round. just say that you're still recovering and need sometime with your new bundle ALONE!! perhaps suggest that they could ring if they are coming over, and that way you can say you're busy or NO!

its so hard, my family were quite good tbh! but i can't imagine having people in and out all the time, must drive you mad, big :hugs: x

:hug: That would have really annoyed me. Some of Stan's family wanted to bring friends by the day after we got home from the hospital (I was in the hospital several days due to complications). I told them flat out no :blush: I can be pretty blunt and I was tired and needed to rest

I told our family no before chloe was born. My parents came to visit while I was poorly in hospital and came over the day we came home as Mark had to work that evening, in laws came for an hour the following day then we saw noone for a week. I find it terribly rude that people want to just come over all the time

:rofl: i told OH to ban anyone coming after all close family had been in the 1st few days i started taking vistors again after about 3-4 weeks :rofl: harsh it may be but i had had enough after 3 days XxxX

I must be horrible as me and Adam rang everyone and siad we needed a few days to ourselves and would see everyone soon when we were ready ( jack was about 3 weeks and we wanted a weekend to ourselves and we had had the non stop visitors for 3 weeks) we also asked people to ring before coming as if it was convient we could say no x

Before Char was born I told DH he needed to tell him family that I was NOT going to have people dropping by every day and that they could all come over at one time on a certain day for a certain length of time and that was IT. Kinda bitchy, but I can't stand his family so I did what I had to do.

i think you really do just have to be blunt and say no. you're the mummy so its your rules! x x x x

To be honest you only have to stick up with it for another week maybe. Then you are no longer interesting and you get 0 visitors :rofl:

But I know how you feel, damn annoying :hugs:

:hug: That would have really annoyed me. Some of Stan's family wanted to bring friends by the day after we got home from the hospital (I was in the hospital several days due to complications). I told them flat out no :blush: I can be pretty blunt and I was tired and needed to rest

My MIL did bring a friend over one day. I was home alone when she called to see if she could come visit- stupid me said yes :dohh: and she brought around her friend! i called up my cousin and Savannahs godmum as soon as she got off the phone to come over so I didn't have to put up with he by myself, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->