How do i wean?

Super_Mom

Reaction score
Ok so my LO is 1 yr 3 months and i'm struggling with weaning. I don't feed her much during the day but she wakes up ALOT at night. like 6 times at least. She wants to sleep while she has my breast in her mouth. The moment I take it out she wakes up. She goes crazy if I say no to BF. Any tips?
She doesn't drink from a bottle at all. I've tried 6 types of sippy cups to introduce cow milk...but she has a sip and no more. I've mixed Nesquik..chocolate syrup..milo..everything...she still doesn't like it. So she has no real alternative ....I don't know what to do!! :nope:

You just need to say no and offer a alternative. My lo wasnt interested in cows milk until I stopped bf. Why would he bother when he had bm?

We started by not letting lo fall asleep on the breast. He would have his bedtime feed, read a story and go to bed with just a cuddle. It took a couple of days but it worked. Then I started to send DH in when h woke instead of going in myself. He offered water and I only went in if after 30 mins he hadn't resettled or if he was really distressed which wasnt often.

It took about a week of this and then we were down to feeding morning and night. We cut of the morning first and then the night one was easy once he no longer needed it for sleep.

Do it gradually for both your sakes.

Thank you Missk for sharing your experience. I am also planning to wean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->