How do I?

Eccleston2011

Reaction score
Hi, I have a month old daughter named Grace about 4 weeks ago, the day before she was released from the NICU, we found out that she has had two strokes. She was put in there because she couldn't move either one of her arms. Well she has regained movement in her arms and we are now on occupational therapy and doing ROM and massage. The problem is she HATES being messed with and screams every time I try to do these. I was hoping that someone possibly had some tips on how to make this more enjoyable for her?:shrug:

I take it you're using some lotion or oil and using the pads of your fingers rather than finger tips?

Just keep calm when you do it, even though she is screaming, try and stay as calm and relaxed as possible. Somewhere quiet, relaxed, maybe some soft music and dim lighting and eventually she will start to relax when its getting done.

It's not nice when they cry, but just keep thinking long term, all this upset just now will be worth it in the future. As her mum you're going to have to make her cry at times, it's what we do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->