How do they measure baby?

familygirl30

Reaction score
The midwife measured baby with a tape measure yesterday for the first time,I don't understand how they get their measurements!

They measure from where they can feel the baby in your uterus at the top till the head at the bottom. The amount of cm's should be around the amount of weeks you are. So if your 29 weeks your bump should measure 29cm's, etc
X

Thank u,I should have asked her really but I got so hot in that room couldn't wait to get out

I've done that loads of times! Couldn't wait to get out and then at home thinking: oh I should've asked this or that lol x

I always forget to ask haha......I've just looked at how at the growth chart and I apparently measured 32 cm at nearly 29 weeks,hope this is ok!

Does it show percentiles? If its around the 50th then your baby is having a very average size. If its below that its a bit smaller and above its bigger. Hope that makes sense?

Does it show percentiles? If its around the 50th then your baby is having a very average size. If its below that its a bit smaller and above its bigger. Hope that makes sense?

I've got what it says centile lines on the grid 3 of them,one stands for 90th,50th and 10th,think looks like baby could be above average size if I'm lookin right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->