How do u deal with annoying people...

Wriggley

Reaction score
That call u trying to sell you insurance, or ring up to find out what make your TV is etc...

Today i had a call from a woman trying to sell me home insurance i was trying to tell her we didnt need it and she knew butting in with 'No Listen!' so i hung up on the rude bitch!

NOW we got LOVE film on our door step :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: so pleased OH opened the door as he tends to be more polite then me

I just tell them straight away that I am not interested and if they start to chirp up I just put the phone down :haha:

I can tell aswell sometimes when they are ringing from a call centre as it takes them a bit longer to say "Hi" so the phones down straight away, also if they ask me to start discussing questions with them I tell them it's none of there bloody business :blush:

My sister had someone call up saying that she had won a holiday, so she said to the man down the phone "no way! that's wierd because you have just won a dvd player!"

My stepdad got a call from a cold caller at around 6ish in the eve and he said "what time is it?" the lady said "6ish?" so my stepdad replied "my time, now go away!"

My sister had someone call up saying that she had won a holiday, so she said to the man down the phone "no way! that's wierd because you have just won a dvd player!"
My stepdad got a call from a cold caller at around 6ish in the eve and he said "what time is it?" the lady said "6ish?" so my stepdad replied "my time, now go away!"

:rofl:

I put the phone down, only because I'm too nice to them otherwise and never want to say no, even though I dont want whatever their offering. :blush:

I tell them we're registered on the TPS list so they shouldn't be calling us, and they usually apologise and hang up.

If they are rude or persistent I just say "can you hold the line a second?" and put the phone on the side and continue doing what I was doing.

It depends on what I am doing really or how much they call, I had them from the same company all day every day once and it woke up the kids when I was trying to get them to nap so I did curse at them down the phone and it stopped them from calling back. BT call me trying to get me to go back to them and get all snotty with me when I refuse lol I hate the silent call ones, dont ever put your number in to the confused,com for insurance or similar a string of companies call next morning first thing asking you if you want insurance on a car you dont have (i was testing price of insurance).

Get angry they WILL take you off the calling list as they do not want that themselves.

When I answer the phone and say hello, if there is no immediate response I hang up! With a call centre the have a machine ringing you so it takes a couple of seconds for the person to see that the phone has been answered and connect in. A gap means it a call centre and I put the phone down. If it's a relative being slow (once or twice MIL in this situation) she'll ring back!

If they catch me off guard without a gap, I tell them "I'm not interested, thank you very much" (politely) and hang up straight away before they have an opportunity to reply to me.

You can usually tell when it's a call centre because there's a pause in between you answering the phone and them saying something so I just hang up straight away. Got no time for them tbh, if I want something then I'll go out and find it myself on my own terms.

I always just hang up, I can tell because they never pronounce my name right lol

We had a cold caller last night at 8.50pm!!!!!!!!!!!! I was NOT happy, I said ''do you realise what time it is!? out of order'' and hung up. Where do they get the cheek from

I usually say I'm not interested before they've even told me what it is they're selling :haha:

We don't have a landline at home so don't really get this proble, which is great! But we get it alot in work and I just say that I haven't got time for this, bye! and put the phone down!

I do feel sorry for them a bit because they must get the phoned slammed down on them quite alot and dread calling the next person!

I either say I'm not interested or we've already got it, or we're happy with our service provider, goodbye.

I have caller ID on my landline so if I don't recognise the number I don't pick up. 99 times out of 100 it is some sort of telephone sales and they never leave a message.

i swear the majority of calls we get on our landline are just cold callers. never anybody we actually want to talk to.

i don't really answer the phone anymore. i do 1471 after then ring them back if it's someone i know!

My nan just straight up tells them to "piss off!" lmao! I do feel sorry for them since it's their job but i'd think they'd be used to it by now, water off a ducks back and all that! I don't think I could ever do that as a job though.

I tell them im the cleaner and nobody else is at home.
After all it's not a lie - in my house am the only person that cleans!!!

I was raging yesterday we had a completely numpty all into our office complaining over nothing. After I spent ten minutes politely explaining the situation they were still being verbally aggressive. I just thought enoughs enough turned my back and told them to take themselves off. Oops!!

I had a memorable cold call once when I lived in Lincolnshire, it was a company selling conservatories.
I was bored so played along and made out that I was really interested in having one built.
I got as far as making an appt for someone to come out and visit me and they needed my address.
I gave them it....
Flat 2.......

They hung up :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back