How do u deal with annoying people...

I normally say politely that I'm not interested and if they keep going then I ask them to take our number off their list and hang up. I've had calls at 8.45pm before - they get a mouthful, especially if Harvey has just gone down.

I remember my dad answered the phone once and was asked if he was interested in buying windows or doors. He replied "no thanks, I already have some"

I hate this kind of thing!

I used to get around 3-4 phonecalls a week from the 3 network trying to sell me a package, I'm on orange and love my package but despite me telling them numerous times I wasn't interested they still called back! This went on for nearly a month until OH picked up to them and said 'Don't call again' and they didn't! :happydance:

i either let them ramble on then hang up at the end of their big long schpeel :lol:

or i ask them where they got my info/ why they are calling / list how many rules they are breaking :lol:

or, i give the phone to harrison. that one worked with talk talk, he was chattering away and harrison sat on the handset :rofl:

I normally say politely that I'm not interested and if they keep going then I ask them to take our number off their list and hang up. I've had calls at 8.45pm before - they get a mouthful, especially if Harvey has just gone down.

I remember my dad answered the phone once and was asked if he was interested in buying windows or doors. He replied "no thanks, I already have some"

Haha my OH says that to them too. I tend to tell window people that I've just had all the windows done last week.

I say i'm not interested and hang up, one time i said I wasn't interested and they hung up on me! Like i'd asked them to call!! I'm usually polite but one time they woke Callum after i'd been trying to get him to sleep for ages and the words i used definitely weren't polite ones! xx

I always try to be polite because I feel that as much as they might drive us nuts, they are just trying to do a job and earn some money. I actually feel sorry for people in call centres. Imagine the amount of abuse they must get every day.

We used to get calls about 10 times a day. I'm polite the first time but the second time the same company calls back I tell them to f*ck off and they would leave us alone for a few days.

We registered with TPS a few months back and have hardly had any calls since.

I'm really rude! I just put the phone down, or shut the door or if they try and get you in the street I just shout NO!! at them lol I hate people interupting my life, if I wanted whatever crap they were selling I'd already have it!

I let Charlie answer it and he talks about swing parks and ice cream and bouncy castles until they hang up :haha:

When I was younger my mum used to get us to sing 'bat out of hell' to them :) I just hang up! My oh is terrible though and is too polite. I find them a bit intrusive. Especially when they knock on your door!

Tell them to eff off normally. :haha: I hate it they always call at like 6-7pm - the time I am trying to sort the twins out.. Drives me :wacko:

One man at the door recently asked my hubby if his mum or dad were home. He's 27 (though does look a bit younger). He told them it was his house. The guy looked really shocked and asked him what his job was then walked away lol

One other person tried the hard sell on broad band before I pointed out we get it for free since hubby works from home. That got him lol

I normally hang up. It's not their personal fault so I'm not rude but I do usually ask how they got my details.

It not until I'm randomly home during the day I realise how many we get, none normally at night.

Because I look and sound quite young I usually say on the phone that my mum and dad aren't in and because I live in a bungalow they expect an old person to answer the door so I tell them my mum or dad aren't in either :haha:

On the other hand I used to work in 2 call centres, cold calling and had more than a few weird responses one of them being,

'I'm sorry love I can't talk right now I am having a banging shit'

another when I worked for a double glazing company

'No love I don't have any windows', 'What none at all?', 'No I am a paranoid freak and I have bricked up all my windows' :wacko:

After me saying I don't get any the phone just went lol

It was a guttering a doors compnay. She started though by saying is that Mrs .... I said yes and she said oh, you sound very young, I was going to ask for your mummy. I told her no. Was polite but she didn't exactly start on the right foot!

I have a lot of friends who have had to get call centre jobs after getting their degree so I have a lot of sympathy for people doing these jobs, I'm never rude! I am quite firm in saying that I'm not interested but I would never tell them to fuck off.

I put the phone on the side and stop answering, in takes a while, they eventually hang up. Haha, its quite funny to listen to them going "Uhm, hello?!" aha, when they come to the door, i used to say "sorry i'm pregnant with terrible sickness" and shut the door, now i use Evelyn as an excuse. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->