How do u warm baby food??

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm finding weaning really hard at the mo jack is really good eatting apples and fruits but when it comes to anything else he wont eat it...Now how do i warm food up from a jar, can u put it in the bottle warmer cause there is a button on it 4 food, or just use the microwave,

I always do it in the microwave, 10 seconds at a time and mix it up really well, usually needs 20 seconds and we're away!

20 seconds in the microwave for ours!

Our bottle warmer takes forever to heat up a jar, and at the moment we are only using about half a jar so dont need the whole thing heated.
As long as you stir it well the microwave is the best way I think :hugs:

Started using the bottle warmer, but it takes ages so now use a microwave.

They always advise against microwave but it's the only realistic way to do it:dohh:

Just make sure you stir it between 10second bursts and leave it to stand for at least a couple of minutes as it carries on cooking even when taken out of the microwave:baby:.

I only heat home-cooked food or food that's been in the fridge. I usually serve a jar at room temperature as it's a good idea to get them used to both warm and cool food coz if you're out and about and need to feed baby quickly then you don't have to try and find somewhere to warm it up for you (which is almost impossible these days coz of health and safety issues etc:hissy:). Just a tip from someone who's been stuck in that situation:thumpup:

My wee yin is the exact same! He would live on apples and pears if he could and anything else he takes a couple of spoonfuls and then gets really ratty. I heat baby food up in the microwave, 10 secs then give it a stir, then 10 secs again and leave for a few mins before serving :)

Jars are served at room temp. Remember though if LO eats out of a jar you can't store the rest in the fridge. I always put what I think she'll eat into a bowl and than store the rest, if she wants more I give it to her :) We use the microwave to warm up foods that I've made and frozen or that have been in the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->