how do you co-sleep

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
a few times now i have fallen asleep with leo lying on me on his tummy and its lovely, but i am nervous about it. does anyone else sleep like this, or how could co-sleep safer if its not the best :flower:

do you mean in bed or are you just on the sofa? For in bed we used something called a summer infant snuggle nest (amazon sell them) and we found this fab, a mini bed for her within our own.

The safest ways of co sleeping are to either buy a nest for your bed, or the way I do it, normally I only use one pillow, make sure no duvet covers baby (use a sleeping bag or separate blankets), then I curl myself around him, sleeping on my side. Make sure your oh is aware he's there, and baby sleeps on the edge of the bed rather than in the middle. There us no danger of my lo falling out as his cot is right up against the side of our bed.

The safest ways of co sleeping are to either buy a nest for your bed, or the way I do it, normally I only use one pillow, make sure no duvet covers baby (use a sleeping bag or separate blankets), then I curl myself around him, sleeping on my side. Make sure your oh is aware he's there, and baby sleeps on the edge of the bed rather than in the middle. There us no danger of my lo falling out as his cot is right up against the side of our bed.

Exactly this!

I used to use a little travel pillow when jocelyn was little as it meant I was higher up the bed too - hubby tends to like about 2/3rds of the duvet wrapped up around his ears :)wacko:) so I found by being further up the bed the duvet was only ever up to my waist and therefore not able to cover her!

a few times now i have fallen asleep with leo lying on me on his tummy and its lovely, but i am nervous about it. does anyone else sleep like this, or how could co-sleep safer if its not the best :flower:

Ruby and I sleep like this in the morning after she's woken up from sleeping the night to have first feed of the day. We sleep like this for about 3hrs before getting up for the day. Have done this since she started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. Before that we slept all night like it from her first waking up to have night feed. (I just make sure I have a pillow either side just in case, but they've never been needed)

TBH though I'm completely motionless when asleep and sleep very lightly, I open my eyes and check on her with the slightest movement or sound and she's always fine. We've never had a problem with it :)

When my DD was that little (she's now 3 and still cosleeps) I used a portable bassinet. I didn't like the idea of falling asleep with her in the bed when she was that small. So I kept the bassinet right next to the bed next to me. As soon as she'd wake up to feed, I'd pick her up and breastfeed without having to do anything but sit up and prop the pillows behind me. I loved having her super close and being able to not worry about covers and pillows, etc covering her face. Then as she got older (not sure exactly when but less than one year old) we just coslept with her in between me and DH....exactly the same as we do now.

I loved that bassinet. Whenever she'd take a nap I'd just wheel her around the house with me if I wanted to be close or keep an eye on her.

I normaly fall asleep as im feeding harry hes normal wrapped in a blanket obviously at boob level and iv got the over over me tucked under my leg so the bit of me that touches harry isnt coverd but he keeps me nice and warm anyway :)

Theo sleeps on the "outside" of the bed (I have a mesh rail on the bedside, he cannot fall out or stuck on it because its ontop of the mattress.) I only use one pillow, the duvet is low down and I sleep on it and tuck it between my legs (this is how I always sleep, OH and I have separate duvets as Im a duvet hog!) I have my arm up above his head between him and the pillow and my knees naturally are pulled up under his feet so he cant go anywhere, he does sleep on his side (he turns onto his side himself) so I angle him away from my body though he does try and sneakily use my boob as a pillow sometimes!!

hehehe anothersquish sneaking the boob pillow!

LO has a little "blanket bed" between us in our king sized bed. i shouldn' say little it takes up most of the bed! she likes to sprawl out with her arms up. but when she was first born up until about 3 and a half months she slept on us or swaddled cuddled up next to me with me on my side facing her.

My LO used to sleep in all night with us, as his tongue tie meant he'd wake every time I moved him, or every 2-3 hours to feed, so I just sleep with his cot right up against my bed, and I tuck the duvet under my leg, so it's not loose, then, he's at booby level and can just latch on and off to suit him through the night, and wakes me if he can't find it! He sleeps on the outer side too, so hubby doesn't squish him...But he had his tongue seperated yest, and slept on his own all last night, so hopefully, he'll do it again tonight!

My LO used to sleep in all night with us, as his tongue tie meant he'd wake every time I moved him, or every 2-3 hours to feed, so I just sleep with his cot right up against my bed, and I tuck the duvet under my leg, so it's not loose, then, he's at booby level and can just latch on and off to suit him through the night, and wakes me if he can't find it! He sleeps on the outer side too, so hubby doesn't squish him...But he had his tongue seperated yest, and slept on his own all last night, so hopefully, he'll do it again tonight!

totaly nothing to do with co-sleeping but harry had a tounge tie to after he got it sepertated he was a diffrent baby! hope it works for you might take a few days for him to get used too it tho x

totaly nothing to do with co-sleeping but harry had a tounge tie to after he got it sepertated he was a diffrent baby! hope it works for you might take a few days for him to get used too it tho x

Oh my life, he slept for 6 straight hours on his own in his cot...I didn't know what to do with myself haha! It was awesome!

ern has slept in our bed since he was born! at first i used to lie on my side cradling him in my arm with the crib pushed right up against the side of the bed. Tried one of the snuggle nests but he didnt like it!

Then we brought one of the bedside cots,which the drop side goes under the cot and it has 8 heights for the mattress base so it is the same level as your bed and pushes right up against the side,at first he wouldnt go in it,then eventually he would but he still had to be holding your hand, but as hes got older he sleeps in it-he comes to bed when we do so its not a problem and in the morning he usually rolls over onto dh and pokes him in the face to wake up!! lol

That's how we did it until I got given a child's bed rail for my bed so I dont need the crib against the bed now :) (and can finally get in my wardrobe again! :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->