how do you cope when you're ill???

fidget

Pregnant Mama Bear
Reaction score
i'm feeling incredibly sorry for myself :haha: i'm full up with a shitty cold and got an upset tummy :( my partner does bugger all - does a nappy change or bottle like once a week, no housework, no cooking etc - and if i do let him watch lo he just lets him sleep for ages :dohh:

just wondering how the hell anybody copes when all i want to do is crawl back into bed and die :shrug: i tried this morning but lucas started singing and chatting lol :sleep:

lo is sleeping atm so im still in my jammies and dressing gown drinking tea :coffee:

Hey hun.... No real advice, didnt wanna read and run!!
Its a right royal pain in the ass when ya ill!! Even without having a baby lol.
I combated the tiredness by numerous nights of 7pm bedtimes (for us both)....
I also do everything around the house (still on mat leave) but the OH aint too bad, Im a real grumpy bitch when tired/ill.... He'd rather help me out than feel the wrath of cala hahaha.....
As for the japarmas, Darling unless im goin out/expecting visitors, i live in mine... ;oD xx

When Ollie and I were poorly (respiritory virus - I was on steroids as I am asthmatic ) my oh did loads - but as i'm bf the nights were hard - especially as he went and had a growth spurt in the middle of it - up every 1-2 hours!! I don't know how I survived - couldn't take any decent remedies ( such as day and night nurse ) as i am bf!!

I think you just feel pants and get on with it - def see if you can get help and if not and oh won't help get him to pay to get a cleaner for a few days. Get ready meals in for you - oh can fend for himself if you are - so it's easy to keep eating. Can your mum stay over so you can rest, get warm baths and - if you're ff - she could help with the odd night feed??

hx

i hate being ill at the best of times but with a LO is soooo much worse because all you want to do is lay down and die lol...i just find getting some medicine and just relaxing ie sitting down with LO, go to bed when LO has a nap, stay in and try and get as much rest as possible.

hope you get better soon.

<3

I'm ill at the minute too I feel rotten! I just have to get on with it as OH would never take time off work because I'm ill, but if he's ill he'll take the day off and sit in his pj's on the sofa and expect me to run around after him, grrrr.

I dont get ill very often, touch wood, but when i do....

DH helps out alot when hes not at work, he'll basically fend for himself, wont say silly things like 'whats for dinner' :haha: cos he knows id wallop him over the head with something heavy :lol:

Seriously tho, i know as mothers most of the time, we're the primary carers, but theres times when OH's need to take on that role too and illness is one of them!!!

I like to use the ''the quicker im better the quicker i can get back to doing stuff myself again'' line :lol:

yes i think i'm going to have to get my mum in, she can't help but clean up when she's round and i know she'll sort food out for me!
i had two 1.5 hour naps in the day yesterday when lucas was asleep but i ended up being wide awake at 5am this morning haha :dohh:

glad i'm not the only on who cba to get dressed unless i'm going somewhere! i shower in the morn then put clean jarmas on, lucas has reflux so any clothes i wear end up covered in sick anyway!

i'm gonna just have to do as much as i can and leave anything unimportant :) oh will suffer my wrath if he stays in bed as long as he did yesterday!! (3pm)

:hugs: I am sick at the moment and feel awful. I've just been trying to tale it easy and rest when he sleeps and not fuss over the non urgent housework, it will all be waiting for me when I get better. I made a big pot of soup yesterday which I'm glad for as it's easy to heat up for lunches and DH is looking after dinner

Hope you feel better xx

You poor mite Fidget! Hope you feel better soon.

One month ago my baby had a few days in hospital with severe D and V, she came home and i walked down to town to get her some Oralyte.

On the way back i passed out on the bus and ended up in an ambulance. My hubby came home because he HAD to look after Lil. Withn twelve hrs he too was throwing up.

IT WAS HELL!

You just get through it and thank your lucky stars for your health when you feel better!

:hug:

I don't really have any advice because I'm lucky to have my parents just 10 minutes away and Sophie's godmother next door and I've not really been ill since having Sophie other than a chest infection in January but DH is allowed 3 days a year family leave for things like that so he took the 3 days off plus a couple of days annual leave and looked after Sophie.

Any time I've had anything like a migraine and not had anyone around to help, I usually resort to putting Sophie in her travel cot with toys that she's not had out in a while and that keeps her busy while I at least have a quick nap on the couch.

Hope you feel better soon x

You poor thing. It's horrible when you're ill and all you want to do is curl up in bed but you still have LO to see to and a million other things to do. I can't believe your OH isn't helping more. Fancy staying in bed until 3pm when he knows you aren't well and need help! He needs a big kick up the arse. Or have I missed something? Does he work nights?

My only advice would be to try and get your mum or a friend to give you a hand. Maybe they could watch LO while you have a nap or bring you some food round. I really hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I am rarely Ill but have been twice since having LO and both times DH has been working away! Once with a bad cold and another with food poisoning. The cold wasn't sooo bad just did things a bit slower and we had a couple of PJ days..but the food poisoning was horrid!! MIL and SIL had both gone away that night too and I really needed someone..seriously I had to keep stopping mid feed and going to the kitchen/toilet to be sick etc...it was a horrible evening and I was so glad to get her to bed...then spend all night in the loo..lol! but now I have my next door neighbours number so they said I can ring them and they would come and cuddle/feed/change LO if ever I needed them xxxx

tu123 you poor thing!

cat81 - noooo he doesn't work nights but he's in my bad books and we're barely speaking so he was avoiding me!! we went out on saturday night, i went home at 12 so my mum could go home and he didn't want to come home yet but agreed he would come home soon. he then strolled in at 5.45am and we've barely spoken since!

i don't really have anybody since i stopped working i fell out of touch with people, only really have my mum but she's a star :) have done basic housework so it's liveable lol, will have a shower when mum gets here and go back to bed for an hour to feel human again :)

hope everybody that's poorly too gets well soon, thanks ladies!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->