How do you cope with period pain?

ChewyCookie

Reaction score
AF is due soon and i need some tips on how to relieve those horrible cramps.

i don't get them as bad as i used to as the contraceptive pill has seemed to relieved mine alot. i always swear by my hot water bottle though! xx

Yeah I second the water bottle! I get terrible cramps, mainly in my lower back, so the hot water bottle is a god send!

A hotwater bottle and Ibroprofen normally.
I get them quite bad sometimes too it sucks :(
x

I find walking helps, I get worse pains when I stop and sit down. I normally just take a ibuprofen and hope for the best :(

I have awful cramps for the first, second and sometimes third and fourth days of af. Not a lot works really. Ibropofen used to work wonders but I think my body built up an immunity to it and now it doesn't really do much, although it works fine when it comes to headaches. My step dad suffers from back pain and he gives me some of his co-codamol tablets sometimes but they make me feel so nauseous :( heat doesn't work for me either if anything it makes me feel worse.

This may sound really strange but sitting on the toilet really helps me. I have no idea why but if i'm cramping really bad and I can't get comfortable, I'll go sit on the toilet and the pain becomes so much more manageable. It's annoying in the middle of the night but I'd much rather sit on the toilet and feel a bit of relief, than writhe around in bed in pain waking oh up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->