How do you cope with sleep deprivation? Share tips?

SparkleBug

Reaction score
Just wondered? Maybe if we all exchange what we do we might find what works? Of course there is no replacement for true rest and sleep but sometimes we all need a little help for substitution.....i know mines is coffee, at one point 8+ cups a day which im cutting back on.

Also, I seem to find mornings incredibly hardest out of the whole day? I just cant seem to get going?

Snacks, coffee and walks seems to help me, what do you do to cope? (i need suggestions!) :shrug:

I snort ridiculous amounts of cocaine every hour... Does the job!!:haha:

honestly.... I just have to tell myself it's not forever, and I always go to bed thinking tonight will be better. It never frickin is though!!

Just when you think that that night was the worst yet.... Along comes another that makes that one amazin!!

I'm lucky because LO sleeps well at night. She goes from midnight until 4am, wakes for a feed then goes back to sleep from 5.30 until 8.30 am. so I get a good 7 hours sleep most nights. I also have an hours nap in the afternoon while LO is napping. I think the reason she sleeps so well is because we co-sleep. She wakes up, feeds and goes back to sleep again. If she wakes up a bit unsettled with wind or something I can usually settle her again before either of us are properly awake. I've honestly not felt sleep deprived at all since LO was born.

I'm lucky because LO sleeps well at night. She goes from midnight until 4am, wakes for a feed then goes back to sleep from 5.30 until 8.30 am. so I get a good 7 hours sleep most nights. I also have an hours nap in the afternoon while LO is napping. I think the reason she sleeps so well is because we co-sleep. She wakes up, feeds and goes back to sleep again. If she wakes up a bit unsettled with wind or something I can usually settle her again before either of us are properly awake. I've honestly not felt sleep deprived at all since LO was born.

I only do one feed as well he goes 8pm-4am then down from that feed till 7am ish but past two nights has been hell....hoping it was just his injections!! :thumbup:

The afternoons that we're home, me & LO go to bed together for an afternoon nap. That extra hour or 2 gets me through! God knows how I'll cope without this when I'm back at work in a few weeks :(

If it's really bad day then I have a strong coffee. I gave up caffeine before getting pregnant & didn't have any til I finished BFing so it has a nice strong effect on me again now!

Like tina, I also tell myself it's not forever & sleep is for wimps! I thought by 6 months, he'd be STTN. At nearly 7 months, it's still not happened! I'm hoping for 9 months now!

Light is the only thing that helps me lol. As soon as sunrise is here i feel ok. I have stayed awake all night before on many occasions and then the sun rises and i can stay awake all day too lol. If it's a dull day i put the music on and turn all the lights on. The worst thing is keep telling yourself that you're tired because it'll only make you worse.

I only do one feed as well he goes 8pm-4am then down from that feed till 7am ish but past two nights has been hell....hoping it was just his injections!! :thumbup:

Hopefully it's just a temporary thing then and you'll get some rest soon :flower: In the mean time, I usually find that fresh air revives me a bit and chocolate!!

There is just one advice honestly - you have to sleep when baby sleeps. I know it's not easy to get used to a messy house and unwashed dishes but believe me, that little nap or two will make a big difference to how you feeel. Try to involve your family members and even friends to do the chores.
Your baby needs a happy mummy!

My diet consists of lots of redbull,coffee,coca cola with anything chocolately....I'm sooo healthy right now :rofl: xx

I just got used to it I guess, helps if your baby never STTN :haha: cups of tea help as well. And on really tired days I ask OH to take over so I can nap.

coffee helps but my biggest help is my wonderful husband watches the kids so i can have a nap, he is a life saver. On the days that Im really nackered I FORCE myself to do all the housework before lunch, I find that as long as I keep busy Im ok and because I know that once I sit down I wont be able to get back up lol.

Naps on a Saturday morning. Even if it's only for an extra 40 mins, it makes a difference. I also try and nap with LO at least once a week just to regain a couple of hours.

In the early days, it was ready brek mixed with nutella that got me through - I don't drink tea or coffee.

Coffee coffee coffee.

And learn this phrase on the weekend:

"TAKE THIS KID. I AM GOING TO SLEEP FOR A FEW HOURS. PUT DOWN YOUR DAMN VIDEO GAME REMOTE AND DON'T ARGUE WITH ME."

My OH lets me have a bit of a lie in (about an hour) at weekends and sometimes an extra 30 mins in bed in the morning on really bad nights. I have also recently taken to going back to bed when LO day naps again too.

I just cry sometimes. He wakes constantly, every hour or more. My head is going to explode soon..

What helped me through the first few months?.........a raging caffeine addiction.

The only thing that keeps me going is black,strong coffee. I hate that i drink so much but its the only thing helping me along atm :/ xxx

Coffee coffee coffee.

And learn this phrase on the weekend:

"TAKE THIS KID. I AM GOING TO SLEEP FOR A FEW HOURS. PUT DOWN YOUR DAMN VIDEO GAME REMOTE AND DON'T ARGUE WITH ME."

Lol, we are all more alike than we realise then? Lol lol :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->