how do you cope with the worry

tweetybird818

Reaction score
I know it must be common to experience during the first trimester but this worry is stressing me out. Then im stressing because im stressing!!

I know its very early for me but i just feel like i need some sort of reassurance.

How do you all manage this?

I wish I could give you some advice but I am exactly the same. I am trying not to think about being pregnant and just focus on day to day things but it's hard when you're peeing a hundred times a day and your body is aching like crazy!

X

I felt the same way and some days still do. I am now 10 weeks and I can tell you that it does get better. You will learn to compartmentalize the worry so you can get through the day to day. Also, take enjoyment in babying and pampering yourself because it is fun!

I the 1st few weeks I found that staying busy, jamming to my fave tunes, and taking long walks helps. Also the gym helped because working out releases happy endorphins.

Feel better!

I do yoga... great for distracting me and I always feel better afterwards!

I was a nervous wreck for first 2 weeks after I found out even though this is my second pregnancy! Although as soon as I hit 6 weeks all the symptoms started so I feel more chilled now

I've been very lucky to have an active toddler to keep me busy. But when she goes to bed at 7, on the odd night that I don't go at 7 too, that's when I worry. Not even just about the pregnancy, but about how my Daughter will be when she's not an only child. How we will cope on maternity pay. How my employers will treat me when I go back to work.
But yes. It does ease of slightly. But generally as a parent I haven't had a worry free 48 hours since I conceived my DD! Welcome to motherhood!

You honestly just learn to deal with it...the worry eases down some after first trimester, but it will always be in the back of your mind. I'm afraid that no worry is greater than the worry you will constantly have once baby is in your arms. You just love them so much, but it's impossible to protect them from everything in the world.

You honestly just learn to deal with it...the worry eases down some after first trimester, but it will always be in the back of your mind. I'm afraid that no worry is greater than the worry you will constantly have once baby is in your arms. You just love them so much, but it's impossible to protect them from everything in the world.

This, exactly this. I never worried with my first two. The thought of a miscarriage never even entered my mind. But then last year when I got pregnant and then miscarried and then miscarried again a few months ago the worry set in. It's always in the back of my mind that even though the first trimester is hardest, anything can happen. Growing humans is hard work! But I do my best to stay positive and toss that negative thinking out the window. It is hard sometimes, but I have definitely relaxed a lot. Especially after seeing the heartbeat on my ultrasound a week ago.

Good luck to you! :D

I wish I knew the answer! I posted something similar a few days ago as I am only 5 weeks and having had losses in the past I can't settle or focus on anything with the worry, and then I am stressing about the stressing lol.

The only things I can suggest to make it easier is to keep yourself busy and your mind occupied a lot of the time, it will also make time go in faster. Also, writing your feelings down and keeping a journal of your fears might help ease them a bit too? Do you know many people who have had children with no losses? You could focus on all these success stories you know of, and also the fact that although 1 in 5 pregnancies end in mc, that means 4 in 5 doesn't.

These things help me anyway, good luck. I am sure everything will go well but it is hard not to worry

xx

Exactly as the others have said - welcome to motherhood! I'm a complete bundle of nerves, but trying not to fixate on the worry. I've booked a private scan for 8+2, a heartbeat then will calm me a little; seeing an intact skull at 12w will help a little more; seeing a completely closed spine at 16w will finally allow me to relax I think. Urgh!

Sorryyy! You sound like me! I worry myself crazy in first tri! I have, all three times! Just try your best NOT to think about the pregnancy. Get your mind off of that and onto something that does NOT worry you. Take a break from it! You can worry when your kid's going off to college instead. ;)

I honestly just take it day by day. I have a subchorionic bleed and am terrified. But all I can do is keep looked forward to the next day. I just realized today that it's been over 3 weeks since I found out I was pregnant. Just got to get past the next 30+ weeks. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->