how do you deal with tantrums?

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
lou has ALWAYS been such a laid back baby, nothing has bothered him but the past week he has started squealing!
if we do something he doesnt like, if he cant reach a toy, if he cant get him dinner in his mouth quick enough he has a mini tantrum and squeals!

i have no idea what to do with him! i dont want to be a meanie mummy! does anyone have any ideas of dealing with this? in a nice manner!

I ignore Izzys tantrums! If she starts to have a hissy fit I either walk away or if I am sat with her I turn away and don't look at her - she soon stops it!

If its because she cant do something, or is frustrated I try to help - still ignoring the actual tantrum - so that she can see how it works etc and then she forgets about why she got naggy!

As for him squealing when his food doesnt come, personally I would just carry on like he wasn't doing it, and not look him in the eyes.

I never shout at her or try to stop her - there is no point as she will stop when she is good and ready, I think if I did that she would get worse!

Not sure if that helps as Izzy never had a tantrum or anything like one at 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->