How do you decide

Pink1981

Reaction score
If you need to take your child to the drs??? I am really rubbish at things like this!

Sophie had a temp yesterday and was a little lethargic so I kept her home from school. She seemed much better this morning so I got her bathed and ready but when she had her toast she said her throat hurt. I had a look and it is a bit red and her tonsils are a little swollen and her tongue is a bit manky so I made an appointment for this afternoon. She has been fine all day though, playing and drinking and eating a little so I don't know whether I was too hasty with the drs?!

How am I meant to know??

Personally, unless they seem really bad.. I usually just give it a day or two. If it gets worse rather than better.. You know its a bug and should go in. If their temps 39+ I'd definitely go doctors or A&E. x

Her temp is 101 but calpol brings it right down and she is fine in herself x

Also it's just her forehead that's hot.... Usually when she has a temp her whole body feels burning but not this time

She could just be under the weather, she could have tonsillitus or something? Is she vomiting/in pain? If not it's likely her body is trying to fight an infection or something. So long as she gets better, it's winning. On the other hand, it is friday.. You don't want to have to wait 3 days if she does get worse. x

She is eating an drinking and playing and hasn't been sick... But it being Friday is what's bothering me. Also im having to make her walk 30 mins to the drs and 30 mins home.

Indecisive much! Lol

Ah :/ In your situatin I'd leave it and care for her myself with calpol x

Here we have a number to call where you can talk to a nurse 24/7. They advise you if you should see a doctor or not. But that doesn't help if you haven't got a similar service.

I cancelled the appointment in the end. Hopefully someone else got it!

I'm so rubbish knowing what to do!

Thanks, no temp today and she hasn't complained about her throat yet either xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"