How do you feel about...

Padan1111

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Was just wondering when npnt how do you feel about the things you know you shouldn't do/have when pregnant.

For example, I don't drink or smoke, but I do like caffinated drinks. I'm aware I shouldn't have these while pregnant, but what do you feel about having them in that time space between ovulation and AF/pregnancy tests? Or should you have them at all when TTC even through a ntnp route?!

Thanks!

Well I don't drink, but I do smoke (max. 4/5 a day though so not a heavy smoker) and I do like my caffeinated drinks like you. I think when ntnp it's important to not overstress about what you do/don't do because then you're just putting the same pressure on yourself as you would TTC, but at the same time just being sensible is good. For example I only let myself have caffeinated drinks 3-4 times a week instead of every day and most days only have 1-2 cigarettes and take a daily multivitamin. In the 2-3wks before you find out you're pregnant nothing minor is going to make any difference I don't think, and as soon as you find out you can then decide on the changes you want to make. I think it only matters if you are a heavy drinker/smoker or are generally very unhealthy whereas I think it's better to sort those things out before even ntnp :) sorry for the long-ass reply, those are just my thoughts on it :)

i think if you you start thinking about all the rules then you might as well TTC.

i take the view that 'what will happpen will happen' and until then i will just live my life normally and that means coffee, alcohol etc

Thanks for your replies, it's helpful to get others points of view. I think you pretty much tally up with the way I was thinking, so I should take the least stress route, either having what I want (in moderation) or if I feel to stressed or guilty about it, to avoid it!

Yeah I agree, just don't think about it too much. I think in general most people who are planning to settle down and have kids are not the kind of people going out all hours drinking and drug taking, and as you sound pretty sensible to me then I would just carry on living your life exactly as you have been and not worry about it. To a certain degree I feel the same even during ttc, though perhaps be a little more cautious. I don't think caffeine in moderation is such a biggy anyway tbh :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->