How do you get Booking In appointment sent through?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

With my first, I went to the GP who referred me to Kings College Hospital in London. Because I didn't have a reliable LMP date, the midwives called me a day or so later to organise a dating scan. I ended up having two (to see the progression between the scans) and now for the life of me, I don't know how I got my Booking In appointment date. I don't know if it was at the EPU or whether they sent me a letter... just can't remember.

This time I've asked to be referred to Guys and St Thomas, as I hated my experience at Kings. I'm wondering now when I'll hear about my booking in appointment. My GP told me they do it between 7/8 weeks - but that will be over Christmas/New Years, so obviously it won't happen then! When you're referred to a hospital, do they contact you by mail to let you know your appointment date or by telephone? I haven't heard anything and it's been nearly a week since my GP appointment. I'm just a bit concerned that if I don't hear anything this week, then I won't hear anything over the Christmas period, but then I'll be 8 weeks after New Years, so how long will I have to wait for an appointment? Could be 10 weeks or more! I was 10 weeks last time, but was hoping for an earlier one this time.

x

I had to call my midwife department at the hospital I wanna give birth at!

She told me too call back the 16th to make a booking appointment...

Maybe give the midwives a call at the hospital you want tomorrow just to ask...

Sorry not much help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->