How do you keep your hardwoods clean?

scoobydrlp

Reaction score
I have a long haired dog and 3 cats, so we are constantly battling keeping our hardwoods hair-free. Right now I use a regular broom around the floorboards, in the corners, and around furniture, and then a big dust broom for the bigger open areas. But it seems even when I think I've done a good job there's still junk left behind. Anyone have a good appliance that picks everything up? I've tried using our vacuum but it just blows the hair around. I hear the swiffer does a good job with pet hair, but doesn't pick up dirt so well. It's driving me nuts! :dohh:

I'd wrap a really well rung cloth around the brush head and clear the floor with that. the damp will hold the dust and still be dry enough not to damage your floor.

Microfibre mops are amazing i have one for sweeping then i use disinfectant spray and go over with another microfibre xx

I have two cats and hardwood, so I feel your pain. I find that a combination of this guy:
https://www.vileda.ca/en/mops/flat/promist.aspx
and this guy:
https://www.vileda.ca/en/mops/flat/
seems to keep things pretty clean.
I am not a fan of the Swiffer systems. I just find them so wasteful. The sheets get clogged up with about three sweeps of the mop, so I was constantly throwing them out. I prefer the reusables of the Vileda systems. But that's just me! :)

I used a dry mop spritzed with a bit of pronto when cleaning hardwood in my old house! It worked great and you can just remove the mop part and wash it when needed instead of throwing out sheets of swiffer!

I still use a dry mop every day on my tiled floors and I love it! So easy to use and no waste at all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->