How do you know theyre dry?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
I got a Cushie Tushie this morning which came with an instruction card, on it saying if the bamboo bit felt cold then they werent dry.

The bamboo parts on all my nappies always seem to feel cold to the touch! Now im not sure if theyre fully dried when i think they are...so how would i kniow?

:wacko: Im unsure! Ive never heard of them feeling cold? maybe sit them on the radiator just for the last bit to make sure?? or if theyre line dried then after a day they will def be dry, i find cushie tushies dry quite fast?

i usually leave mine longer than needed cos anything other than totally dry makes them less absorbant, i find a couple of days on my airer in the dining room enough to totally dry most things :)

x

I dont know about your type but Ive found mine do feel cold sometimes when I take them out of the dryer so I put them back in and then they feel room temp/warmer. I know what it feels like but its hard to describe. I tend to put them against a delicate bit of skin like the side of my boob or inner thigh (weirdo I know) but then you can feel the dampness better.
I'd say if it feels cool then dry them a bit more.

I had this exact problem the other day, I just could not work out whether they were dry or not. xx

I have an insert to hand right now, and i know its dry as its been in the tumble - but its cool to the touch!

After two days of drying one of Edward's still felt cold, it had to be dry after 12 hours on the line and 36 on the radiator though. xx

I'd pop it back in. Feel the ones you know are definatly dry - they should feel warmer?

Mine generally feels dry after a day on the airer, but I leave it 2 days just to be sure. :shrug: I was struggle to distinguish between cold and wet with my laundry though. :blush:

i tell you what you can do, put a towel on the radiator and sit the nappy on top, inner down, after a few hrs of that theyll deffo be dry

x

i touch stuff on my lip to see if they're dry (and give them a good sniff whilst i'm at it - love the smell of clean nappies !) :haha:

haha yeh its boiling here aswell, cant u just put the upstairs ones on for a few hours and leave the downstairs ones off so you dont fry :haha:

x

I'm a nappy sniffer, too, I can tell a very slightly damp one when they otherwise feel pretty dry to the touch. Never really noticed that they're cold though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->