How do you know when Morning Sickness is too bad?

bambi93

Reaction score
I'm having terrible Morning Sickness at 9w5d I've had it since 6w,
My mom didn't have morning sickness so doesn't really know anything about it, but her and my OH keep urging me to go to the doctors about it, but I don't want to waste anybodies time.. I mean, I feel like my morning sickness is pretty much unbearable, I've lost weight, I can't eat and can't go in certain rooms of the house (like the kitchen) because the smells make me throw up, even when OH has cleaned, and sprayed everything. I don't know how bad it's got to be to go to the doctors, and how would I know if I have Hyperemesis or anything? I don't want to go to the doctors because I'll feel silly if it's completely normal and I'm just being a baby :(

Hun you know when to go to the doctors! I had this from 6w - 10 w and Ended up needing to go to the doctors I just felt awful I kept nearly fainting, couldn't work and stuff like that, I lost over a stone and I was only 9st to begin with. Doctor wanted to admit me but by the time I went to the doctors I was slowly getting better and he wouldn't give me sickness tablets he said their so bad for the baby. He said if you cant eat or drink nothing then try Dioralyte (think that's how its spelt) and it done me wonders. I'm fine now don't think I had that SEVERE m/s b ut it was badenoughh to nearly get me into hospital xx

My mom didn't have morning sickness so doesn't really know anything about it, but her and my OH keep urging me to go to the doctors about it, but I don't want to waste anybodies time.. I mean, I feel like my morning sickness is pretty much unbearable, I've lost weight, I can't eat and can't go in certain rooms of the house (like the kitchen) because the smells make me throw up, even when OH has cleaned, and sprayed everything. I don't know how bad it's got to be to go to the doctors, and how would I know if I have Hyperemesis or anything? I don't want to go to the doctors because I'll feel silly if it's completely normal and I'm just being a baby :(

No, your not being silly. If your that sick you need some medication. Zofran is generally the drug of choice that OB's prescribe for morning sickness. You want to make sure your not getting dehydrated and that baby is getting the nutrients they need. I would call and talk to one of the nurses at your office and explain to them how sick you are and you just cannot eat or function for that matter. Zofran is safe and will curb nausea for 8 hours.
I've had it really bad this time and have tried not to take any medicine but have been tempted to ask for some.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to leave it until the end of the week and if I don't feel it's getting better I'll book in with my doctor.

I tried to suffer through the MSness with my first and it was miserable... but I did it because I didn't know there was anything the docs could give me to feel better. Boy was I mad at myself when I mentioned something to the doc about my MSness during my second pregnancy and they gave me dissolvable Zofran pills (completely 100% safe during pregnancy). They took the edge off and made it so I could function and eat/drink. There's no need to suffer through and if you're not able to drink or eat, it's actually more harmful to you and baby. When you're pregnant, there's no such thing as wasting the doctor's time. You are growing a life and they are there to support you medically and even emotionally through this process. If they make you feel like you're wasting their time, it's time to find a new Dr/midwife. Hope you feel better hun!!!

I tried to suffer through the MSness with my first and it was miserable... but I did it because I didn't know there was anything the docs could give me to feel better. Boy was I mad at myself when I mentioned something to the doc about my MSness during my second pregnancy and they gave me dissolvable Zofran pills (completely 100% safe during pregnancy). They took the edge off and made it so I could function and eat/drink. There's no need to suffer through and if you're not able to drink or eat, it's actually more harmful to you and baby. When you're pregnant, there's no such thing as wasting the doctor's time. You are growing a life and they are there to support you medically and even emotionally through this process. If they make you feel like you're wasting their time, it's time to find a new Dr/midwife. Hope you feel better hun!!!

This is everything which I believed to be true, but my doctor (who is useless btw) told me NO sickness tablets are good in pregnancy and that they harm baby. Which made me think about them hundreds of women that uses them and have a healthy baby. I hate doctors.

Hi hope you feel better soon!

I had sickness starting at 4 weeks! by 6 i could not even get out of bed, everything made me sick food, smells, cat, dog even water and my mans breath!

Nothing smelled or tasted right even when just thinking about food i would gag and throw up, doing the dishes was the worst I'd have a bucket beside the sink to throw up in every few seconds.

It got to the point my throat was so raw i was vomiting blood! and my stomach muscles were agony from constant retching.

I tried everything! we spent enough to buy baby an entire nursery full of things on this remedy and that cure. ginger snaps, peppermints, lemons, limes, apples, ginger hard candy, tummy drops ginger, preggie pops, ice pops, apple juice, electrolytes, sour candy, sour ice pops, lemonade, sprite, 7up, sierra mist, peppermint tea, ginger tea, camomile tea, fruit tea, sea bands and about everything else.

i was at the point i was bursting into tears at the thought of doing anything for fear of being sick :cry: and the constant nausea was horrific i could not function properly at all. Then came our saving grace while at the store Todds Mom picked up his Grandmother her pills and vitamins and decided to grab me some 100% stem ginger capsules 550mg that his Gran takes for nausea caused by one of her meds.

IT WORKS!! I am small about 100lbs (lost 7lbs from sickness) so just took one with my evening meal and the next morning woke up feeling nauseated as usual but once i had thrown up i felt great (not 100% better but i felt fantastic) over the next few days I did the same and just kept feeling better. would wake up feeling rough and sick but after getting up and vomiting i can face the day again.

Now it is safe to take for baby, and you can take several per day as needed, one has been enough for me. however i will say though it helps with the nausea and sickness i still have the nose of a champion bloodhound so really offensive smells will make me gag and or vomit but I'm nowhere near as sensitive to them as i was before with the rolling nausea under control its a million times better from where i was to begin with.

They cost about $7 at walmart here in Florida in the UK Asda, Tesco or boots should sell them for likely around the same price if not try Holland and Barrots, if you don't want to go to the doctors its a cheap at home cure that works wonders and is all natural no questionable chemical tablets the Dr can prescribe.

it may help you as it worked for me when nothing else would, every woman and every pregnancy is different its just about finding what works.

Haha I am a baby.. I had MS really bad one day and couldnt keep food/water down. I wasnt sure if that was normal so I called the nurse. She said if its like that for 2 more days to come see my OB. So thats a total of three days of puking all day until its appropriate to see a doc. I would say go see your doctor, they are there to help you. Also if you get dehydrated it is REALLY bad for baby and you need to go get fluids through IV. If you are continuously dehydrated maybe occasional meds would be a better choice for you so that you can keep liquids down.

At week 7 I stopped being able to keep food and water down and I couldn't get off the couch. I was like that for two days and they said to come in. They gave me zofran and it helped so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->