How do you know when to change the nipple size?

peanut56

Mom to Hana & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi!!
My baby is about 3.5 months old. Lately, when feeding her, she plays with the bottle a lot and seems to take her sweet time. Feeding her these days takes a minimum of 30 minutes, and sometimes an hour! If she starts taking longer, I'm going to have to give her new formula during the feeding, since it's only good for an hour. :wacko:
She's still using the slow (level 1) nipples...do you think it's time for me to move her up a size?

Yep, I'd try them. You will know if they are too fast as LO will suddenly get lots of wind and will guzzle the bottle in under 10 minutes. We changed to med-flow at about 2.5 months x

I think your LO sounds ready to change teats. I recently changed teat size and he was fine on them for a day then decided he didn't like them but he drinks so slow with the ones he likes! Might try him again once he starts feeding good again as he is teething at the moment and has lost interest in his milk

We had to change Holly's about a week ago as she was taking aaages to feed and was screaming due to trapped wind she was getting trying to get the milk out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->