How do you know?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
This is going to sound like a stupid question but when you're filling in a ticker and it asks how long your cycle is. How do you know?

I mean I know you know the last one, but how can you predict the next one :wacko:

I think most of us probably use an app on their phones or simply keep track on a calendar. The average for most women is about 28 days. You count from the first day of one period to the first day of your next period. After doing this for a few months, you should be able to come up with an average :)

I understand a cycle is from the first day of af to the first day of the next one I'm just wondering how we get that average length. My last cycle (first cycle off the pill) was over 100 days long :shock:

Im using an app but cleared it for this cycle so it was "fresh" then realised I have no idea how long this cycles going to be :dohh:

I just go by the fact that my cycles mostly are 26 days as I've kept track for a long time now. I do have the occasional 27 day cycle but they seem to be rare.

Otherwise you count from your first day of bleeding and include the day before you bleed again. You need to keep track for a few months and take an average. So let's say for the past 6 months your cycles have been 27, 29, 26, 31, 28 and 30 then you just add them up and divide by 6 which gives 28.5 days. When the decimal is between .5 and .9, then you would round up so your average in this example is 29 days.

I also found this cycle calculator but assume it does pretty much the same thing. You just need to keep track of when each menstruation has started: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/cycle_length_calculator.php

Don't know if this is what you're asking:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->