How do you know?

R_x

Reaction score
How do you know it's the right decision that your family is complete?

Sorry just came across a thread like this :dohh:

Pure joy and contentment. If u see ur future with the possibility of more children then ur not decided. The what ifs and maybes are still niggling at you then maybe you need to take time to really think about your families future. Personally I feel completely finished. I dream about our future and it's the four of us. I don't see anymore babies in my arms or another big belly. The next babies I see or dream about are my grandchildren if I ever get to be that lucky. Hope this helps

For me I still like the idea of more children but I am 37 and have had a rough pregnancy with HG. We already have an almost 2 year old and a 3.5 year old. We also had a MC before this pregnancy that almost killed me (literally). Honestly I think my body has had enough. I would like 10 children but that is not realistic so we have to stop somewhere. Before I felt that calling our family complete was the sensible choice but I had the overwhelming desire that I wanted more. Now part of me still likes the idea of more but I feel like I am able to be content with 3 and I am quite looking forward to settling down with the family we have and making the most of enjoying them before they are all grown up. As much as I love pregnancy and babies it is hard work and I feel like I miss out on my LOs sometimes. If I was younger I think I would leave it a couple of years and then might decide on another one or two :). But by then I will be in my 40s so I think I am going to be happy with 3 :).

I'm still preggo with our second and won't make the final decision until after baby is weaned (so I can see how I really feel about no more babies). However, this pregnancy has been incredibly difficult compared to my last. With my first, I always knew I wanted more. But this time I have felt such peace about this being the last one and solidified it with how hard physically and emotionally it's been. When I picture my life in the future, it's the four of us and my heart feels full and whole.

My thought is that if you're still questioning it, then don't close that door until you feel it in your soul that you have all the babies you were meant to have.

I'm a single mum and after a very traumatic birth it has put me off wanting anymore. I have never been a broody person, never thought about kids before I had my son. Don't get me wrong, i love him to pieces... but for me I feel complete. It would take someone extremely special to get me wanting anymore.

Stalking....

I thought we were complete.

I felt a little sad at never seeing a bfp again, but otherwise I was happy & done. Oh had mentioned that he "wouldn't mind" another. & that's got me thinking.

Pros - love babies, love toddlers. Would love another little one in the house now I think about it.

Cons - I have pcos so trouble conceiving. I had a difficult pregnancy with ds. I have long term health problems that complicate pregnancy & child birth. I hate not having a full nights sleep (not that I remember one!!). I have no family support so I drag ds to everything dd does. One day I'll have to take her to all of his activities too. Holidays & days out etc would cost so much!

But all that love a baby brings to a family might just be worth it? :shrug: I really REALLY don't know!

Don't think this has answered OP's question. Sorry!

I think I am done as much as I would love the excitement of a BFP again and miss being pregnant and newborns - I am complete with my two - I think just part of my being is being broody I have always loved babies :shrug:

DH said to me last night what about #3 and I was like Nope :nope: wasn't even a doubt in my mind so I know I am done :thumbup:

However, if a newborn comes my way you will be sure I will be having cuddles :haha:

I don't feel complete, but it may be because of the little ones ive lost and I'll always feel that way if I had 10 more babies.
I was adamant Nellie was my last, I pushed hubby to get referred for the snip which he did. He then missed the telephone appt and hasnt rebooked.
My head says its sensible to stop now, for a number of reasons, but every day I think about having another baby.

Being that I was 32 when I met my hubby and became a full time mom to his daughter, I wasn't totally sure I even wanted a child of my own (I'd always thought I would- but never expected to be single for all those years in my 20's). Then, after being a mom to our oldest and getting married- I felt the need to have one from "scratch". But due to hurdles and fertility issues, I was 37 when I had our little. And now, at 43, I cannot imagine having another... there are times I think about it (as I always wanted two closer together when I was younger- and I'll never know what it's like to have a son- but our little felt like the final puzzle piece to our family)... Plus, life worked out this way for a reason. And, if I had been younger when I had kids- then I wouldn't have the life I have now. Which I cannot imagine any other way.

I don't feel complete, but it may be because of the little ones ive lost and I'll always feel that way if I had 10 more babies.
I was adamant Nellie was my last, I pushed hubby to get referred for the snip which he did. He then missed the telephone appt and hasnt rebooked.
My head says its sensible to stop now, for a number of reasons, but every day I think about having another baby.

I think this is true with me too. We have had two losses and have 3 LOs but part of me always thinks it should be 5. But I guess even if we had 10 like you say I'd just think it should be 12. And if we did have more at my age the chances of another loss are getting higher.

I don't have much of a choice - medically infertile with two miracles.

I'd love a third child but it won't happen without serious medical help with far reaching consequences

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->