how do you make your bottles uk?

I premake mine and store them in the fridge. Did the same with my son. When out and about I put my bottles in a cool bag with an ice block in with it. Keeps them just as cold as when they're stored in the fridge. My baby will take them cold so no need to warm.
My son would not drink cold milk and it was a pain in the arse trying to warm a bottle when out so I haven't ever given my daughter the option of warmed milk. Naughty mummy!

Whether I'm out and about or at home I make my bottles in the same way.

I boil 1 litre of water before we go to bed (which is about what he goes through a day), and once boiled and off the boil I fill up to 5 of his bottles with the boiled water. Then I put his measured out formula into a couple of those plastic formula dispensers and voila job done. It takes about 10 seconds to tip the pre measured formula into a bottle of cooled boiled water by the time it's his early morning feed, and I also have bottles and measured out formula to see me through the rest of the day. Bed time I start again ready for the next day. All his feeds are at room temp so no messing around with warming or cooling bottles.

My nursery requires bottles of cooled boiled water and then I have the formula in one of those measuring cartons, they add the powder and shake (they're not allowed to measure the water and powder themselves) this always surprised me as I thought the water had to be boiling when it had the powder mixed in, but they're an international well known nursery so I know they have researched guidelines, my DS is 9 months now so it doesn't worry me too much but if he was younger I'd be looking into it.

We make up bottles of boiling water and cool them, and add formula when making. The sterilising is important because formula leaves a film on the inside of the bottles, which is where bacteria can grow between feeds. That said, I stopped sterilising at six months this time, and made up bottles straight from the dishwasher.

Whether I'm out and about or at home I make my bottles in the same way.

I boil 1 litre of water before we go to bed (which is about what he goes through a day), and once boiled and off the boil I fill up to 5 of his bottles with the boiled water. Then I put his measured out formula into a couple of those plastic formula dispensers and voila job done. It takes about 10 seconds to tip the pre measured formula into a bottle of cooled boiled water by the time it's his early morning feed, and I also have bottles and measured out formula to see me through the rest of the day. Bed time I start again ready for the next day. All his feeds are at room temp so no messing around with warming or cooling bottles.

This is the way i wanted to do it. But my sister saud without a hotshot it could have bacteria. I like your method too. It makes sense xx

I fill bottle with 4 oz cooled boiled water (usually put it in a flask so its there when i need it when i remember, if not i use whats left in kettle) then i boil kettle, add 2 oz (she has 6oz bottles and likes them warm) and then add the powder.
Ive never added powder to hot boiled water.. naughty, but shes never been ill

I have the tommee tippee perfect prep for at home and take pre made bottles when out :)

It's interesting how there are different guidelines by country for the same thing. Someone pointed out that in the US the sterilizing isn't even advised. I don't think American babies are born with inherently stronger immune systems and I've never heard of any issues, so I would think it must be ok either way.

Tommee tippee machine is hard to beat. My little one used to drink cold. When out I take water and ask for hot water jug to heat it. My milk is separate as I have thickener for silent reflux

The way I do it is I'll boil kettle to heat up his bottle then use rest of water to make up his next one, that way the formula isn't left too long. When having my midwife visit she explained the rules had changed re: making up pre made bottles. When she saw the look on my face when I asked her about what to do when going out she said it would be fine to pre make one bottle in advance (I think she was speaking off the record there tho).

One thing though, I leave the bottle on the counter top to cool and never put it in the fridge but just wondering if I should do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->