How do you make your dumplings?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I usually put them in a stew but what other ways are there to cook them? if any?

:Dxx

I make mine from scratch with suet, flour and salt. Sometimes fresh herbs if I have any. I find the jarred herbs don't work in them very well!

I then put them in the oven to bake for 20-30 minutes, until they're brown and then I stick them in the stew :o)

See i never thought to put them in the oven first,i bet they're lovely though :)x

I make them with 4oz self raising flour, 2oz suet and salt and pepper. I normally put them in the stew for the last half hour but browning them in the oven sounds like a good idea, I bet they're nicer with a bit of crunch to them!

Yeh they are lovely with a bit of crunch :o) My OH's grandma introduced them to me!

I make them with flour, suet, seasoning and sometimes herbs. I usually cook them in a stew or casserole in the oven with the lid on for most of the time, but then take the lid off at the end so the tops go crunchy while the bottom halves stay nice and moist.

I just use Bisquick, haha.. and drop them into chicken stock.. and serve them with the chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy from the gizzard of the chicken; I usually go all out when I make dumplings.. they're my favorite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->