How do you make your own purees?

sobersadie

2 sons and a daughter :-)
Reaction score
Looking for some advice for the future. With my 1st 2 i used jars for weaning but this time id like to make more of my own if possible. How do you go about getting the veg etc smushed up enough for baby? Do you add water? And how do you store it? Thanx

When we were doing purees, I followed the recipes in the Annabel Karmel book

Cook the veg. Blend it till mushy. If needed you can add a bit of water (I use water from the steamer or boiled water). I then porton it into cubes. When frozen i put the cubes into bags.
Its soo much cheaper doing your own and i love making up all the food for my little'un.

I'd peel and chop into squares whatever I was using (provided it had skins to be peeled, like sweet potatoes or butternut squash) and then place it a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Once the cubes were tender, I'd drain it (but save some of the water) and then blend them with a hand blender.

Claire's age depended on the amount of water I'd put in. When she was first starting out, I'd put quite a bit of water in so it was more soupy and easier for her to eat. The older she got, the less water I'd put in. Then I'd let it cool for a bit and the spoon it into ice cube trays. Once frozen I'd transfer them to Ziploc Freezer Bags, and write the date on them so I knew which ones to use first.

I would say exactly as Tyff put it!

Yep! Exactly the same as Tyff does!! x x x

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/VegetableRecipes.htm#nogo

this site has all you need to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g