How do you sleep at night?

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
I'm so tired. Didn't sleep a wink last night. My bump, hips, lower back and pelvis were aching so much when I was in bed that u just couldn't get comfy. I tried a pillow between my legs, laying on my right side, left side and on my back but nothing was working.

Anyone have any sleep tips? I'm proper cranky this morning and am really looking forward to sleeping tonight if possible!

Thanks x

I don't no the answer to that but I'm the same don't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep x

I dont sleep at night. Maybe catch a few hours here and there. I tend to sleep better when i nap. So around 2pm i will sleep for 2 hours.

I will stalk though as i am desperate for a nights sleep!

stalking .....i am looking for some tips too ...i am struggling to sleep at night

I was the same and my midwife suggested folding a duvet up and putting it under the sheet, she said when your pregnant normal firmness of our beds can be to hard and cause cramp, aches an pains. I've been sleeping much better since, also sleeping on a slippy surface (I use a cheap sleeping bag) helps with making it easier to turn over in bed, really helps with my public/pelvic pain which was waking me up everytime I turn over. Good luck!

What is this 'sleep' that you guys are referring to?

Seriously - I got a pregnancy pillow thing which worked very well until recently - but 'Wee Bertie' likes to go 'Discodisco' round about 12-2am and the OH seems to prefer to sleep ON me rather than next to me. I tend to do better if I'm nearly propped upright and after I've rolled OH to HIS side of the bed. A good bout of sobbing in despair often helps as well and I drop off around 3ish. I get up at 5ish to go to work. I'm at work for 7-8am (depends if I stop off at a Costa for a brew and and muffin) and leave work at 3-4pm. I catchup by cat-napping on the couch throughout the evening whilst OH does the usual attention seeking things like trying to hoover around me and asking me to show him how to use the oven properly again (he's just retired from the Military and is celebrating his new status as a house-elf). Next week we get to tackle the mysterious majiks of the 'Washing Machine' and the 'sorting of lights and darks'.

I think due to pelvic/back considerations, needing to pee all the time and baby wriggles we're not really destined for a full nights sleep in third tri (unless we've won the pregnancy-lottery) so we need to develop strategies for grabbing shut-eye when and where we can. I know I'm really lucky with my OH. My Mum confessed to me, when she was expecting me and my sis, she had friends that came round to help her during her last trimesters that did the housework and babysat my sis. But that was in the 70's and also my Mum was a pad-wife (Military-wife)... so I suppose her circumstances were very different to what the majority of us have now.

I hope all you guys get some relief soon...

I did find as you said crying in despair worked one night.

My oh thought i was bonkers when i told him to leave me cry myself to sleep. I think i got 4 hours straight. I totally forgot about that lol may need to try that again!

Stalking.....
I got a few more hours last night but with only 4 hrs sleep the night before I felt like pants all day yesterday. I put ear-plugs in last night so atleast when I did wake up I didn't need to hear OH making all sorts of wierd nasal noises that wake me even more!!:haha:

I'd be interested in this too, I'm really struggling last night I was in pain tried pillow too. I get to sleep ok but wake up around 2am and that's it :cry:

OH gets annoyed with me because I take pillows and make a line of pillows in between me and him that run along my body. So I sleep on my side with my leg and arms hugging the pillow line. Sleep for about 2 hours tops and switch sides.

I don't know what I would've done without my body pillow for the last 9 months. Best purchase ever from Argos - although I do miss spoon time with the hubby :(

I've got a pregnany pillow and it works well. I usually have to prob my belly on it.

My thighs and hips go numb when I'm laid in bed!

I lay all over my husband too! Prop my legs up over him and that. I don't think he notices! Haha

Maybe try having a warm bath before bed to relax you as going to bed stressed ur not gonna sleep will mean you'll be all tight and uncomfy already.

Hope u get some sleep soon x

I don't know what I would've done without my body pillow for the last 9 months. Best purchase ever from Argos - although I do miss spoon time with the hubby :(

Me too! He calls it the 'cock block pillow'

Looking forward to not having it between us!

i've got a bed full of pillows... used to manage 3-4 hours but now its usually a maximum of 2 hours before I need to roll over (ouch :-( ) or use the loo!

I can't help either :( I haven't had a full night sleep in around 3 years! Hope all of you lovely ladies get some sleep soon x

I've got to agree with the Argos body pillow! I normally drift off about midnight after reading for a while, then wake up anywhere between 5 and 7, dependent on when my cat decides he wants feeding! I try not to drink much in the hour or two before going to bed, and very rarely need to get up to go wee. I normally go at least twice before bed though! Plus, our bathrooms downstairs, through a chilly kitchen, and is always freezing, so that's usually enough to put me off!! Got a stash of rennies/gaviscon next to the bed in case I wake up with heartburn! x

In short, badly. I'm looking forward to the newborn sleep deprivation stage!

The following things are keeping me from sleeping properly;

1. I hate sleeping on my sides and that's the only option I have. It makes my neck and shoulders ache, so periodically I wake up and have to switch sides.

2. Needing to pee at least twice a night.

3. Heartburn so bad I think I've swallowed a hot poker.

4. Running a nice toasty temperature of about a thousand degrees, all the time. Which means I have to have the window open.

5. Leading me to my next problem - a friendly neighbourhood crow who likes to yell towards the open window and drive me barmy. Every night at about 4.30/5ish I have to decide what's worse, the incessant racket or overheating.

6. Restless legs.

7. The top of my bump being really sore from all the stretching.

If I'm lucky I get about 4/5 hours broken sleep every night. This is while my husband gets about 8 and my DS gets about 12. Bloody men :haha:

I have a thin pillow which I tuck between my legs and under my bump. I also have something to eat before bed - just something small like a yoghurt or a glass of milk (sometimes warm, mmmmm). I wake up once or twice to pee but more often it's to roll over or change position, and fortunately I've so far been able to get back to sleep relatively quickly.

I know I'm lucky and hope it lasts!

Oh bought a new bed when I found our I was pregnant as the mattress was rubbish on our other one. This one has a tempura mattress its great but I have started to get stuck in it where it moulds to your body so now every hour I wake to move as I cant move in my sleep.

My pregnancy pillow is coming back out tonight I hope it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->