How do you sleep at night?

I couldnt sleep until I raided every other bed in the house of bedding and pillows.

Ive got a duck feather duvet folded underneath my bottom sheet, which sort of molds to your shape. I then have 6, yes, 6 pillows arranged around me. I put one between my thighs, one between my shins, one under my feet, one under my my bump, one under my head and one smushed up against my back to stop me rolling over. I then have a really thin single duvet over me so I dont have to fight OH for covers.

It might take about 15 mins prep but making my "nest" works for me :p

I'm waking up a fair bit to switch sides, with painful hips/thighs/pelvis. plus at least 1-2 trips to the bathroom. So its a bit broken up but I'm getting around 8 hours and I'm sleeping quite deeply with intense dreams. Apart from the pain I am enjoying my sleep and will miss it when this LO arrives!

I don't really sleep lol. I can never get comfy in bed. Things that wake me up when i do eventually fall asleep after midnight are:
Needing to pee
sore hips/back so need to turn over
OH snoring or waking up with his elbow digging in to my back (unintentional)
Cold belly - my tshirt/vest top always rides up my bump every night.
My toddler crying.

I wake up at least once or twice an hour. The most sleep i've had undisturbed recently was about 4 hours and that was a one-off about 2 weeks ago.
I can't help but resent OH a little for sleeping right through from 11 until 7.45am most nights and usually always takes a 1 1/2 hour nap on his days off work. I'll just make sure he helps out a lot when the new baby is here so i can catch up on sleep. :)

I wake every hour because my hips get sore and I have to roll over but my sleep has improved since I've been seeing a physio. My pelvis was twisted/rotated and the physio gently fixes it each week. In fact, she couldn't believe I left it so long before getting help but then she agreed that a lot of women wipe these pains off as something we go through in pregnancy. FYI the physio is free through the hospital where I go, try asking your hospital if they have this service.

I've also started having massage sessions weekly as my bum and hips get so sore & most nights I use a hot water bottle and wheat bag on my sore bits.

I bought a full body preg pillow... it reallyhas helped t get and stay comfy. Good luck!

....another crap nights sleep last night. This little monkey in my tummy decided it was time to wake up and dance at 3.45am and the rascal didn't stop until 3hrs later!! It was like it was plugged into the mains :headspin:

Aw bless ya! I slept a little better last night but only because the OH didnt come to bed until 1am so I had a few hours to myself!

My LO doesnt wake me up in the night with movement, should I be worried about that as lots of ladies say their LO's wake them up moving about :s xx

Aw bless ya! I slept a little better last night but only because the OH didnt come to bed until 1am so I had a few hours to myself!

My LO doesnt wake me up in the night with movement, should I be worried about that as lots of ladies say their LO's wake them up moving about :s xx

Mine doesn't usually wake me as such, it's when I disturb myself and totally come out of sleep mode it's like its cue to start fidgeting and kicking (like it detects I'm not in my total relaxed state). It usually lasts 10 - 15 mins but last night it was constant....I was a bit concerned tbh as to why it was going for so long, but maybe it was just having one of those "moments" :wacko: Hopefully it won't get into a midnight dancing routine from now on 'cos my head's banging now. You're lucky yours is a night sleeper....I really don't think it would be any concern if your bubs is kicking throughout the day x

Oh yeah it's always kicking throughout the day and right up until the point of where I drift off to sleep. Phew, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Mine has never woken my up with movement, when I wake up sometimes he is moving but I will sleep through it :haha:

Kinda seems like (after reading all the comments) that once you hit a stage...your not sleeping haha
I have a big fluffy duvet under my sheet, 2 pillows and a long body pillow and i go to bed around 10 pm every night and am up around 6 am. I wake up about 2-3 times to pee and grab a drink of water (Its allergy seasons so my nose is stuffed up and breathing through the mouth makes it ridiculously dry) and then i wake up about 4-5 times to roll over or shift around. So 8 hours of severely broken sleep... :(
Doesnt help I have to deal with DH antics in bed (he moves around ALOT in his sleep) and our adorable puppy sleeping at my feet. Makes for a crowded bed haha.
I find establishing a nightly routine really helps with sleeping: I usually take a bath or shower and then grab a herbal tea and a snack and either watch tv, read or play games on my ipad with my legs raised and then when its time for bed i brush my teeth and what have you and crawl into bed. Also i usually nap for an hour or two in the middle of the day and try to do atleast 30 minutes of physical activity a day, be it going for a walk, playing with the dog, house cleaning..etc.

I actually found a fairly comfy position for me to sleep in. I have a thinner pillow and I tuck one end between my knees that are usually bent and the other end I push under the side of my body when I'm laying on my side. For some reason it relieves me in all the right spots. It wouldn't work for me if it were a big thick pillow though. Wish I found this out last time I was pregnant. I'm so much more comfortable this time around.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get comfortable in bed now. If my bumps not getting in the way I feel like my oxygen supply is being turned off from having my lungs squished! Then to top it all off my other half cuddles me but it feels like he puts his whole body weight on me whilst he does so thus making me feel even more crushed and uncomfortable!

I'm so frustrated at night it's unreal.

I recon I'm going to have to invest in a pregnancy pillow or something and kick my OH out of bed lol.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->