How Do You Sleep?

tjayne07

1 earth 1 angel 1 on way
Reaction score
As the title says really.
I have a long body pillow and the past week or so it has become really uncomfortable for me so dh is buying me a wedge pillow tomorrow and im going to give that a try.
We have a memory foam mattress thats a few years old so the 'moulding'it gave when new seems to have vanished and it does nothing to support my bump so my only option is a pillow.

Does anyone here use the wedge ones? Would you recommend them?
im only looking at it as they look very bump supportive.
xx

I have this https://www.mothercare.com/Dreamgenii-Pregnancy-And-Feeding-Support-Pillow/933928,default,pd.html

And I can honestly say it's been amazing for me! So comfortable.

I have a pillow between my legs and a wee wedge pillow for under bump. I love my wedge pillow though.....can't sleep without it x

Well I'm awake at 5.30...lol.

I have the dream genii after reading all the fab reviews and I honestly don't rate it. I use it around my shoulders now!!! I have lots of pillows and that was really comfy for a while but I'm finding my shoulder and hip starts to ache after a while lying on on side now so I flip over a lot. My ribs ache too.

Think it's just how it is now!

I use 3 pillows up top plus the genii. One one side and a long bolster thing with 2 feather pillows in on the other!!

I also use a regular pillow between my thighs and a small foam wedge under my bump. I am awake half the night roughly every night these days though, but using these are the only things that get me comfy at all.

Sleep? What is this 'sleep' of which you are speaking?
Lol! I'm up (4am here) and I've been up since two am! Had a bowl of cereal and shower to try to relax but nothing is working :(
I have to be up and get ready for work at 5:30. It's gonna be a long day.

Eme sleep is lost on me at the moment lol!

I dont ever remember being this uncomfortable with my ds.
So fed up of tossing and turning and changing of pillows lol.
Even worse when I wake in the night to pee....

I was never uncomfortable with my previous pregnancy either!

As for the trips to the toilet, at least five times a night for me! :(

I was never uncomfortable with my previous pregnancy either!

As for the trips to the toilet, at least five times a night for me! :(

I deliberately dont drink at least an hour and a half before I go to bed and even that doesnt work!
Just aswell these babas are well worth it lol xx

4:17 here and CANT sleep... But it's a combo of stress and not being comfortable...

Probably not what you want to hear... but strangely I have had no problems at all sleeping with this pregnancy! No aches or pains, no toilet trips. To be honest I don't feel pregnant most of the time, except for the odd bit of heartburn. Guess I'm just lucky!! I don't really have much of a bump this time so that probably helps with the comfort rating.

My last pregnancy however was a different story, I slept surrounded by pillows and Dream Genie and was still horribly uncomfortable with hip ache and such.

I've given up on sleep! If it's not heartburn, going to the loo or restless legs keeping me up then it's not being able to get comfy now I'm so heavy!

I sleep with a giant 30 degree wedge pillow, topped with standard bed pillows and a long body pillow doubled under my knees. I'm incapable of sleeping on my sides, so with all the pillows I'm positioned more like I would be if sleeping in a recliner (so as to not be flat on my back, which ofc is a no-no). Luckily my bump isn't ridiculous yet, so far sleeping this way hasn't been an issue (well when I'm not sickly that is).

I know that side sleeping is optimal, but as long as you're not flat on your back, any sleep is good sleep.

Well my lovely hubby bought me home a wedge and a v shaped nursing pillow so I have 2 options now!
Is it bed time yet? I wish haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->