How do you stay positive?

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
Everyone tells us, "just relax; it'll happen when you stop trying."
Well, yeah. That doesn't happen. I'd love to get a tip from Mother Mary on the whole immaculate conception thing, but until then, we chart, we time, we temp, we try. And we have to stay positive, because remember: if we stress, our bodies suddenly become barren infertile wastelands. *gasp!*

How do you stay positive and keep yourself with a low level of stress?

LOL, I love how you worded this. So true.

I just keep looking at the kids I already have and I tell myself "if I was able to have them then I can have more". And it's hard to say that knowing I just recently got diagnosed with PCOS but I'm not letting it win. I KNOW I'll have more kids and I KNOW it's gonna happen soon.

Another thing is, I believe in Law of Attraction. If we think negative thoughts, we're drawing bad energy to ourselves. Believe you already have what you want, right their in your hands, and you'll have it. It's hard when you're depressed and frustrated and fed up, but it works!

I'll start: I keep thinking that it WILL happen; it's just a matter of WHEN. I WILL have my own family, and some day I'll look back on TTC as the "easy" part when my child is having a tantrum in the middle of the grocery store. ;)
I don't deny myself looking at the baby aisles in stores. I check out new products, compare items, get ideas on price ranges, and dream up where I'm going to put all this baby gear.
We talk about "the baby" as though we're already expecting. In our minds, it's a definite. It's taken a long time, and may take much time more, but this will be a child worth waiting for. Friends and family are ready to support and love the child as well.

Awww sweetie:hugs:

See, that's being very positive. It WILL happen. How long have you been TTC?

Where are you at in your cycle?
I always find that I'm very depressed while I'm waiting for AF. I think part of it is hormones and another part just knows that I'm not pregnant and I become an emotional basket case, I'm positive that I'll never conceive and I feel like I cant possibly ttc next month because the bfn hurts too much.

About a day after AF starts, my mood suddenly lifts. Everything in the entire world seems possible. . .even a pregnancy! I could say that it's mind over matter, but really, I think it's just hormones, lol.

It's such an emotional rollercoaster. I just ovulated and I'm already not looking forward to my terrible mood that I'll have in 1 week (I call it, the "pit of despair").

I do find that if I get outside (even just to walk the dog), and have regular exercise (stairclimber for 30 minutes 4X a week), my mood stays much more positive, even while I'm in the 2ww.

Good luck to you!

I was def going nuts at the beginning of tc coz I thought I would be preggers immediately! Then as time went by I realized that it does take time to get pregnant for LOTS of women - and that it will happen!! These forums make me feel better too.

i agree wit fertilemertile, thinking negative always brings me negative, i worried my 1st pregnancy would mc, and it did, the 2nd pregnancy i worried i'd have an ectopic... and i did, when i get me nxt bfp, i'm going make sure everyone knows i'm going to be a mum, not keeping it a secret "incase", where did that get me last time???!!!
as for staying positive while ttc, i used to get so depressed and down about it, but after two losses, this time i feel so positive,(you'd think i should be a wreck) i know it will happen eventually, and i look forward to that day. and honestly it isn't un-normal to ttc for some couples for a year.
did you know, now this is factual, that there is actually only 12 hour window of opportunity to get pregnant before the egg that was released from your ovary dries up, and becomes infertile.
12 hour out of every month, and some months you don't ovulate, which is also normal.
all you can do is make sure you bd the days leading up to ovulation and during so that there is always sperm in the uterus ready for the 12 hour window of opportunity when your egg is released. on average each woman has 4 good chances of conceiving every 12 months. so if you think about it this way you know you've done all you can, its up to nature to do the rest. i hope this helps ;-)

Its hard to be positive all the time! Who the heck manages that?? As long as you accept that some days you will be down and then try and pull yourself out of it then its o.k.

I listen to Paul McKenna hypno things on my MP3 before I go to bed and they seem to work. Also, I just discovered Oreos...which is probably a negative actually :-D

Its hard to be positive all the time! Who the heck manages that?? As long as you accept that some days you will be down and then try and pull yourself out of it then its o.k.

I listen to Paul McKenna hypno things on my MP3 before I go to bed and they seem to work. Also, I just discovered Oreos...which is probably a negative actually :-D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Just watch out for that BMI now, hehehe.

I think the power of positive thinking is amazing!!
And yes, be careful with the Oreos! Speaking as a former emotional eater, I can tell you with all honesty that eating to reduce stress only ends up leading to more stress. :(

I'm going to backhand the next person that tells me if I stopped trying so hard I'd get pregnant.

staying positive is hard, but we must do it to keep our spirits high so that we keep trying.i had a mc last year november at 6 weeks (blighted ovum) always suspected something was wrong i did not feel pregnant and spotting from the day i was expecting til the six weeks. my doctor told me not to loose hope, so i started trying again january, then march i missed my period and i am now 4 weeks 5 days preg and this time around they is no spotting so im being positive and hopefully that i will get good news when i visit my gynae in a weeks time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->