how do you stop by breast feeding?

purplesparkle

Reaction score
I'm coming up to my 9 month by milestone and im ready to stop what's the best way to stop.

I've have started giving d's formula during day. Breastfeeding milk first thing in morning and before bed.

And how long does it take for my milk to dry up?

Is he ok with you offering less? If so I'd just cut right down to one a day or stop completely. Pump or shower whilst massaging breast to let off milk so you don't become too uncomfortable whilst your supply dries up, how long that takes varies from one person to another. If he doesn't want to give up without a fight then try slowly cutting down, missing a feed a day x

With my daughter I slowly cut down to 2 feeds a day by the time she was 12 months as I was going back to work (she herself started dropping feeds by 10.5 months as she started to eat more solids). Then by the time she was 15 months only one time at bed time and then completely weaned off by 16 months and replaced with cow's milk in a cup. The key is to do it slowly otherwise you'll be in a lot of pain and engorged.

I just cut it down slowly, it was really my Lo choice as he refused so I suspect I was drying up anyway (possibly related to cycles). By the time I stopped he was only having one feed a day, my milk dried up really quickly with no problems at all. I didn't express or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->