How do you take your BBT?

AdriansMama

Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hey :) I'm going to be charting my BBT starting this next cycle and I was wondering exactly how to go about this . I know to take it at roughly the same time every morning with at least 5 hours of sleep BUT I wanted to know what the best method of temping is (oral,vaginal,rectal) and also if you start temping during AF or after ?

I temp orally with no issues. I used to temp during af but now I just wait until it's finished. Vaginal temping is supposed to be more accurate.

I have heard that vaginal temping is more accurate because of sleeping with mouth open, but I've never slept with my mouth open so I temp with putting the tip of thermometer under my tounge, that seems to work for me! Plus means I don't need to move too much, just grab thermometer off my bedside table and stick it in my mouth! 😀

I temp orally. I do every month anyway, but just starting out, start temping the first day of your period. That way you can start on cycle day 1 and if you use FF, then it will start predicting when your due to ovulate and start your next period.

Thanks ladies ! I'm glad most people seem to take it orally as I'm far more comfortable with that :haha: I suppose I have 1 more question . What is the difference between a basal thermometer and a regular one or are they the same thing ?

Basal means 2 decimal place eg 36.21 whereas standard digi would show 36.2, i temp orally and as you can see from my chart AF temps can be a bit looney :)

Thank you !! :) can't wait for AF to show up so I can get this show on the road lol

I temp vaginally hun..... it depends how heavy my af is if I take my temp or discard it. I use the VIP FF. You have to have 4 hours solid sleep exact time and I have a converter if you take it at a different time if you want me to send it?

I temp vaginally hun..... it depends how heavy my af is if I take my temp or discard it. I use the VIP FF. You have to have 4 hours solid sleep exact time and I have a converter if you take it at a different time if you want me to send it?

Sorry to double post - was just wondering if you could send me the converter as well please? I have horrible insomnia and sometimes end up falling asleep much later so get up later which means it can be a bit out of whack time wise. Thanks :)

Lol tink it's been almost exactly 2 years since I got my bfp for baby #2 and we thought we wanted a larger (4year) age gap again but now I'm ready to have another one :haha: I was ntnp for a year and the ttc for 4 months before my bfp last time with no charting or anything so I'm hoping this time might be shorter . Wishful thinking I'm sure :p
Wantingagirl thank you so much ! I'm sure I will need it since I'm still breastfeeding and bed sharing I might not always be up at exactly the same time :)

I temp vaginally but normally during AF if it's heavy I won't temp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"