how do you use ovulation tests?

loujay584

pregnant(expecting first)
Reaction score
Heya!

How do you use ovulation tests then? Im thinking of using them...can you only use them certain times of the month?

X

depends on your cycle length when you sart testing but they say its best to test between 10am and 8pm. You just dip the stick and wait 5 mins and if the test is as dark as the control line then its positive

And can you use it more than once until you ovulate? X

I take it you get more than one in a pack? Sorry for the dumb questions! Xx

Usually, I guess it depends where you buy them from. I buy them 100 at a time :p

if you buy them in bulk from ebay or similar internet stores. i test atleast twice a day :)

For someone with a normal cycle, you should start testing around CD9 (just to be safe). Test every day around 2pm, that is when the hormone is strongest in your body. When you see the color start getting darker, start testing twice a day. Test around 2pm, then again before you go to bed. To be positive, the control line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. Throughout the month, you will mostly always have a 'test' line appear. But if it's not as dark as the control, it's negative. You will ovulate 12-48 hours after your first positive, not right at the moment the test becomes positive. Some people keep having a positive for 3 days, some people (like me) will only have a positive test for about 12 hours. It doesn't matter when your tests go back to negative, only when they start being positive.

I get my ovulation tests from Amazon.com they are called Wondfo. Very reasonably priced! My most recent order was for 50 ovulation strips and 10 pregnancy test strips for $17. Their pregnancy test strips also work great, especially for POAS addicts like me :haha:

Here are my OPKs from my most recent cycle (and I did successfully conceive this cycle!)

I started seeing the lines getting darker on CD13, so we BD that night. CD14 it was positive, but we didn't BD that night due to DH's back hurting too bad. CD15 the hormone was fading, but we BD that night (I forgot to write it on there before I took the pic). It's important to BD before the OPK turns positive, because then you have a good chance of the little spermies waiting there for the egg when it drops!

Attachments

• OPK3-12.jpg
    OPK3-12.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom