How do your partners cope with having a daughter

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
I was just wondering...Colin loves having a son, he cant wait to show Rhys all about cars, guitars, boats, darts and everything else boy-ish. He likes that hes got the chance to have a 'father son' relationship ans he treats Rhys really well
im just worried that he wont be excited about having a girl and that Rhys will become his 'favourate' :(

My boyfriends dad was talking about this the other day, saying he wants all girls lol (they had 2 boys).
I doubt that will happen, they are both his little babies and im sure he will love them equally! Also, they are usually more protective over their little girls, Sonny is crazy about Bethanie and she loves him to bits.. throws her around, makes her giggle.. she loves it but he also speaks about how no boys are coming round and stuff, it's quite funny.

Does your OH have siblings? male or female?

my DH has a brother who he is 18months apart from (brother is older) they are very very close and look almost identical, you'd swear they were twins! then he has 3 step sisters who he doesnt get on with at all and then he has a half-sister Lucy who he was very good with when she was a baby (theres 15 years between them)

She'll be Daddys girl Im sure ;)

Doubt you have any worries x

I wouldn't worry . Assuming your oh is mature ( mentality, not age) !. We have 3 daughters and they are my hubbys princesses. We are expecting a boy this time and oh gets very annoyed if people hint that he will have the son he wanted. He's very protective and close to them. My sister has boys and girls and is closer to her sons than her hubby Not all girls like dolls and fairies and not all boys like cars etc. Don't worry:happydance:

Rebecca is her Daddy's Princess-it annoys me tbh. I do everything for her but the minute Daddy comes in I get bumped!:cry:

I was worried finding out the sex of Lucy, but when we were told its another girl, you know what, so what-as long as the baby is healthy it really doesn't matter what sex it is!xx

Have I missed a post terrie, are you having a girl? :headspin::happydance:

I don't think that will happen, I'm sure that having a girl and having a boy are probably very different so it won't be comparable? If you get what I mean?
And he'll be able to spoil her and protect her :)
I'm sure it'll be fine!
My OH James wants a little girl, but I have 5 brothers so the male gene seems to be strong! lol We'll just have to wait and see.
Hope everything goes well for you
xxx

I think most men want a son, but nicole is a total daddys girl. Like someone else said he will be very protective of his little girl and im sure he will love them both equally.

I have two younger brothers and the youngest (he's 8) is a total and utter mammys boy, i think most boys are.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/16962-back-our-scan.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/17039-our-baby-name-announced.html

Rebecca is her Daddy's Princess I do everything for her but the minute Daddy comes in I get bumped!:cry:

SNAP! Charlotte is definitely Daddy's girl. Although that said they are both over excited when Daddy gets home. They're like :dance::yipee:when he gets walks through the door.

Charlotte's personality is more like DH's so she likes all the rough and tumble and anything dangerous so they get on like a house on fire.

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure all will be fine.

Bethanie is the same, when Sonny gets in it's all "da da da da :D:D:D" yet I cook for her all day and clean up her blimmin poo! it's "ma ma ma" when she wants something though! lol I don't mind really, but sometimes it's a little annoying. :(

I don't know what it will be like when their older, but at the mo Ella has her daddy wrapped round her little finger!

Hi, there. I'm new here, but thought I would respond. I wouldn't worry about it either. My daughter is a total "Daddy's girl". They worship each other...LOL I was always told that little girls will always be Daddy's girls, while little boys will always be Mommy's boys...LOL Don't know how true it is, but from what I have seen with my daughter, myfriends children and my nieces and nephews, it seems to be true.

when I asked OH about it, he always said, most important is that bubs is fine and he doesn't matter what gender bubs will be!

We have 3 girls. While DH loves having girls... he said he's not going to stop until he gets his boy. He wants his name to live on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->