How do your partners cope with having a daughter

My OH already has a girl from a previous r/ship who he isn't very close to because they live in different countries but he loves her as much as his son on the way. He is really thrilled about having a boy though. I think just because he feels he can do boy stuff when he doesn't understand girl stuff. He did say though that he'd be happy with a girl and would feel really protective over her and then went on to tell me all the stuff he wanted to teach her. I think it just takes them a bit longer to realise they can be involved.

We have 3 girls. While DH loves having girls... he said he's not going to stop until he gets his boy. He wants his name to live on.

that is how my aunt ended up with 4 boys :rofl:

Know I may not have kids yet but just wanted to say that my OH wants a little girl rather than a boy! He's not into sports & stuff & wants a little daddy's girl!! I dont mind either way!!

xx

he will be fine hun...OH wanted a boy deep down i think when I was pg but he has such a lovely bond with Ella he will happily sit and watch hours of Dora with her too! she is definatly his little princess!

by the way love the name very different I love names that are different!

The girls (aged 5 and 7) asked my OH to play dollies with them last night, he replied ' i think i'm a bit old to play with dollies' to which i said ' are you going to be too old to sit on the floor and play with toy cars with your son??' He said 'fair point' and promptly went and played dollies! lol
I am a bit worried that when this one comes along the girls are going to be pushed out, 1 - because this ones a boy and 2- because the girls are only his step children. I don't think he'd do it intentionally but i've already told him that if he starts playing favourites i'm gonna have to step in.

Tezzie, wait until she really, really starts paying attention to daddy.

My little girl finally noticed she had a dad at 6 months. Whenever we went out, she wanted nothing to do with me and only was by Daddy's side. Kind of still is to this day.

I have to say my OH has favored Amanda more but has been getting quite a close bond with Jayden recently too. Jayden was a mommy's boy and stuck to my side but now is noticing daddy can do some of the things mommy does. So that has changed the son - father relationship and brought it to another level.

Oh, one more thing. Most guys do get more into their kids when they are out of the baby stage. I think in their mind, the kids are more fun when they are crawling, playing with toys, etc.

my OH got Courtneys name written down his arm!! He dotes on her to the max!! I see my niece with OH's brother too.... and its all "daddy daddy" lol!! Im sure he will be fine :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->