How does the implanon effect O cycle? TTC!

Jitter

Reaction score
And do forgive me, I'm still new to this forum so I'm trying to work out which is which :)

I'm still a virgin. I've had implanon in my arm since I was 17. I'm now 20 going on to 21. My boyfriend and I would like to start TTC, however we're afraid that the implant has really messed up my chances. I'm getting it removed on Wednesday. Before insertion, I used to have regular monthlies. Will this alter my regularity or my monthlies? Thank you! I'd love to hear your stories.

I had the Implanon and got it out in September, I bled for about 4 days right after having it out and then had a period 20 days later and the again another 20 days later. I then started taking birth control pills to regulate my cycle. I came off of those in January/February. Everybody is different though with how fast their bodies hormones return to their previous state, but I have not heard of any cases where the Implanon ruins your chances of getting pregnant once it's out, in fact they told me when I got mine out that it's very important to start another form of birth control right away if you do not want to become pregnant because your body could bounce right back! I got pregnant with my daughter 3 years ago literally days after I stopped taking my birth control that I had been on for 3 years.

It's been 8 weeks since having mine removed. I got my period 7 weeks after removal. I'm using opks. No sign of ovulation yet!

I had no period at all on the implanon. Had it in for 13 months and after 6 months without a period, I induced it myself with herbal remedies. It's now 13 months since I had it removed, and my cycles are still a little wonky. I have been ovulating though since December! (Though on the last day of my period so it has been very hard to catch)

For most people though, it's much better than it has been for me :)
And it definitely hasnt ruined your chances! At worst it will take 18 months before your hormones sort themselves out and you can properly try.

good luck!

Oh thank you for the replies! I'm glad I'm not 100% ruined. We'll just see how it goes. Tomorrow is the day I get it out! I'll keep you updated on my status. When I get my period I'll know I've ovulated at some point!

When I get my period I'll know I've ovulated at some point!

Thats not necessarily correct for several reasons. You may or may not ovulate at all the first cycle after removal, and you may find that your cycles aren't normal or are anovulatory for awhile until things settle back down.

The best thing to do for now would be to use a period tracker, OPKs are expensive if you dont have a clue if you're ovulating so I would skip them at first and try temping and then move to OPKs when your temps indicate that ovulation is likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->