How does your body feel after birth????

TwoRdue

Reaction score
Do you feel lighter? Off balance? Does it feel strange to not have baby swimming around?

I ask because I am pretty much over been pregnant as I am so sore and bh have been around since week 20. Do you feel a little bit better after birth (aside from the pain between your legs)

For me it felt like everytime i stood my bellt felt like a deflated ballon its really hard to describe... I expercienced alot of phatom kicks too...

I couldn't breathe when standing up straight. It went on for about 24 hours. I had to walk along crouched over. The midwives just said it was normal, but I'd never heard about it before.

I had a c section. I got a lot of phantom kicks as well for a month or two. x

I felt weak and wobbly for a little bit, especially those first initial steps. And I sat kinda on my side abit x

You feel deflated. Also like you've run a marathon and got beat up in the process. I remember trying to hold my belly expecting the round hardness of it and finding squishiness there. It was all worth it! :)

I felt really weak and shaky, like I'd run a marathon (not that I'd know how that feels :blush: :haha:)! It felt funny taking a deep breath and I couldn't cough for a couple of days, like I couldn't get my muscles to do it. Nothing bad, just generally a bit worn out and achey. And obviously I felt pretty bruised and battered in my lady bits.

I guess its good to know what to expect.

I felt no lighter! I just felt awful, so weak and dizzy and every time I stood up my bits hurt so much even though I didn't have stitches.
Hoping this time round it's a bit easier! I didn't realise I'd feel so awful. Took about 3 days to feel 'ok' again and three weeks to feel somewhat better xxx

You suddenly feel a lot skinnier lol. A bit wobbly, with a big soft jelly belly but it tightens up again in a few weeks. You feel a fair bit like someone has given you a good boot up the arse for a few days!

Apart from feeling a bit loose! I felt fine and really well, I drove us home from the hospital.. X

I felt great!! I think the overwhelming feeling which lasted about 3 weeks took over and I felt like I could run the world!! I was up and about within hours of giving birth having a shower and didnt really feel like I had just given birth!! I did have a ''weird'' feeling between my legs and my tummy was soft which went down after a few weeks and I remember feeling lighter and ready to run a marathon!! I went out walking after 2 days and felt like I could fly it was brilliant!! I am hoping it is as good this time round!! I did miss the baby being inside me sometimes, as the movement just automatically stops and I used to lie her across my belly just to feel her move :haha: I did also notice I had slight cramps in my belly which I took paracetamol for, the midwife said it was my uterus contracting to a smaller size and not to worry! Everything will be fine, and you will feel like you again soon, only difference is you wont have aches and pains and a huge bump to waddle behind :haha:

I was STARVING immediately after with both and body sore. It wasn't just my lady parts that hurt! With my 1st I was pretty weak and shaky after a very serious (iatrogenic) PPH, but otherwise felt pretty good. After #2 I felt great! Had some phantom kicks and LOTS of afterpains for weeks, but aside from that I resumed my normal schedule within days and was back to work (managed a thoroughbred farm - rehabs, young horses in training, and moms and foals) within 4 weeks, mounted and all.

My experience is like crap. Still looked pregnant, depressed and ate all the time as I felt hungry. So no I didnt feel better.

The back and hip pain went away and the big belly. It was just deflated feeling. I could sleep on my belly again, was so relieved!!! :haha: The cramps while nursing hurt so bad ( it was helping my uterus shrink back down faster) I was so hungry after, I hadn't eaten or drank anything in 20 hours. Only complaint is how long it took to be able to sit down right, or squat.

good question! and good answers... nice to have some idea what i might expect.

It really is a different experience for everyone, as with pregnancy. I felt perfectly fine after giving birth, but maybe this is because I felt so awful during the whole pregnancy, lol! Not having pain from the pregnancy anymore (and being able to sleep on my stomach!!!) was such a relief I guess everything else didn't bother me.

I had a little soreness down there, of course, due to an episiotomy and stitches, but nothing I couldn't handle with tylenol. And this is not because I have a high pain threshold...I must have just lucked out!

I was up and about the day after I had my DD, feeling pretty much fine, and I participated in my sister in law's wedding a week after I gave birth.

Hope you feel great after yours too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->