How does your prem baby grow?

My daughter has to be induced at 38 weeks (1st Feb). 2.04kg because she had almost stopped growing. She was diagnosed with IUGR. Turns out she also had to have bowel surgery but is steadily putting on a little bit of weight.

Today she is exactly 6 months, and weighs 9lbs. I'm very concerned about her growth, but looking at some other replies on here it seems she is lagging behind by not too much - still concerned though.

Also, i'm wondering how are your babies developing as mine laughs and smiles, but does not reach out, roll over, stand on her legs (with support ofcourse) etc. Its very concerning. I spoke to the doctors about this who regularly keep a check on her, but they said all babies are different.

How are your babies developing?

My daughter has to be induced at 38 weeks (1st Feb). 2.04kg because she had almost stopped growing. She was diagnosed with IUGR. Turns out she also had to have bowel surgery but is steadily putting on a little bit of weight.

Today she is exactly 6 months, and weighs 9lbs. I'm very concerned about her growth, but looking at some other replies on here it seems she is lagging behind by not too much - still concerned though.

Also, i'm wondering how are your babies developing as mine laughs and smiles, but does not reach out, roll over, stand on her legs (with support ofcourse) etc. Its very concerning. I spoke to the doctors about this who regularly keep a check on her, but they said all babies are different.

She sounds just fine to me :thumbup:. Molly is a bit older, and has come on loads in the last few weeks. She has started rolling over but showed no interest in it before.

Mikaylas birthday is also 1st Feb! It is worrying but she sounds like she is doing fine. Mikayla now weighs 11lb 14oz. She does roll over and has only just started to reach out (in a fashion!) i was in hospital with other babies - prem and not prem - and we are all at different stages even though are babies were born in the same wekk. :hugs:

My boys were born 2nd Feb 2009 at 34 weeks gestation because Elliot had stopped growing. He was 3lb 2oz at birth and at 6 months old is now only 13lbs. I always worry about him being small and not growing as fast as his brother, but he is healthy so that's all that matters. xxx

Hannah is nearly 6 months old in 5 days and she was 6 weeks early. She was on life support and was born big at 7lb but she lost so 26% of her body weight while in hosp. She went down to 5lb 9oz!! She now weighs 11lb 7oz at 6 month.

I share all the worries you have all said although she is reaching most of her milestones at her corrected age. I mean they smile by 6 weeks and Hannah was 11 weeks so she is rolling over and has just started grabbing stuff and playing.

My little Ava was 6 weeks prem, she was 4lb 6 when she was born, shes now 21 weeks and weighs 14lb

Hello - Archie was born on 8th Feb and weighs in at 17lb - he's 5 months corrected. He is trying to roll but not successful at it as yet. It's hard but we should try and not compare our little miracles with other babies, it is easier said than done and I have too, been guilty of it. His cousin was born two weeks later than Archie is 18lbs, so he is catching her up in weight but lagging way behind her regarding milestones.

I tell myself that he will do everything in his own time. But its hard ......very hard....

p.s All of the prem babies on here are just adorable and amazing. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Dona and Archie xx

Matthew is 7 months tomo and a big 14lb 14 he gained A WHOLE LB IN 2 WEEKS. Isnt it amazing how these wee babies come in giving a little extra time :thumbup: x

C is 10.5 months now - was 4lb 5oz and 5 weeks early. He's about 19lb now but I still worry about his eating and weight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->