xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
THREE people now, I repeat, THREE have said to me "Is he crawling yet"
I just nonchalantlysaid "nope, not yet"
And then say things like .. "really, not yet?" or "Hes a bit behind, isn't he?"

okay look at my ticker ... he's 8 weeks old tomorrow :rofl:

I get that too!

At 4 weeks old, OH's mum came to visit and asked "is he holding a rattle yet, has he said his first word yet?" WTF? I mean...sheesh...he was still classed as a newborn. I doubt he'll even attempt to grab a rattle until he's at least 3 months old.

J refused to grab a rattle until 3 months. He's now 5 1/2 months and still not crawling or saying "mama". Does that mean he's behind?

Maybe those people need to take a look at milestone development charts before opening their mouths. lol

When the most recent person asked if he was crawling yet, and I said no .. they asked "well then how does he get around the house?" :rofl: I said "I carry him" and he said "Still?!" .. :rofl:

some people can be that dumb lol:rofl:

its the worst when from someone who should know better - like a mum!!!!

I used to get this when pregnant too, when 8 weeks pregnant being asked if it was a boy or girl and if i could feel him moving yet:wacko:

:rofl: :rofl:

He should be eating steak by now too! :haha:

You can just answer "no, he's already walking!" :rofl:

:dohh:
My Nan asked if we'd started potty training yet at five months!!

lol!!! I get it all the time.... maybe it would be easier IF I TOLD YOU what shes doing to save you asking every week! lol xxx

some people can be that dumb lol:rofl:

its the worst when from someone who should know better - like a mum!!!!

I used to get this when pregnant too, when 8 weeks pregnant being asked if it was a boy or girl and if i could feel him moving yet:wacko:

I used to get that too, drove me nuts. My MIL asked me at 9 weeks along how I was enjoying my wriggling bump...erm...I was very overweight, and well, at 9 weeks? Who has a bump then let alone a wriggling one.

Too funny!!! When I told my brother (who has a 2 year old) that Clara started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old except for the odd time she woke to have the soother put in her mouth he says to me, can't she put it in herself yet? She was 5 weeks old!!! I guess my nephew was able to do that from birth lmao.

Just tell them "no, but he's been super busy writing his first novel lately" :rofl::rofl:

omg what fools!! :rofl:

and some babies NEVER crawl! my brother and i didnt! we wer both walking by 1 tho!

:dohh:
My Nan asked if we'd started potty training yet at five months!!

i think thats a generational thing though, my mum started training me at 6 months and i was fully dry by 12 months! that was back in the day though when nappies werent as good and they wer able to train sooner as bubbbas could feel the wetness more! (so my hv tells me)

:rofl: Eloise was crawling as soon as she was born, infact she even crawled out the womb! :smug: ;)

This made me giggle :rofl:

I usually reply with something similar to cleckner, and say "She's not doing X, Y or Z, but she's been busy composing her first symphony and plotting to take over the world in the evenings" :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->