How early can you ovulate following an early miscarriage?

Salty00

Reaction score
I had a very early miscarriage last month (between 4-5 weeks along). I have been trying to pay attention to my cycle this month as we get back on track. We have practiced birth control (by watching my cycle and body signs) for over 13 years without becoming pregnant until last month. I have been watching my body signs to see if it went back to my normal 29 day cycle. Saturday I had a ton of cramps. Like all day off & on but very noticeable. They were not like my normal light ovulation pains that I'd sometimes get. These were centered in my low abdomen and not to one side or the other. At the time I figured that I must be ovulating & it was more painful due to the previous month's miscarriage & just running a little late since that was cd 17. I have felt really bloated ever since Saturday so on a whim very late last night I took a hpt. It looked bfn the first 10 minutes so I set it aside. This morning it had a line that I am calling an evap until proven differently. I decided to test again since I have cheapie tests here from last month. Today's test sorta looked like it might have something that I can now see better after it dried. I am super confused because that would mean I ovulated much earlier than expected and completely missed my signs if so. And then the cramps wouldn't have been ovulation but instead implantation. I would obviously be so so early and I'm not ready for another roller coaster like last month's pregnancy shock & miscarriage. We may should have just abstained or used protection this month while I figured out the new normal for my cycle. Feeling confused.

Hi salty
I had 4 early miscarriages in 2020 and with the first 2 I ovulated on cd8 after.
My normol ovulation was day 13 to 15 so was supper early.
It's quite possible u may of ovulated really early.
Unfortunately I went on to lose both those 2 pregnancies then went on to have another 2 losses.
But yes it is possible u may of O earlier.
I wish u all the best.
I hope u are that wud be awesome.

Oh, wow. Cd 8 is definitely early. I will likely use a cheapie every day or other day until AF shows now. lol I'm really sorry about your losses. Thank you for sharing your experiences post m/c.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry for your loss. How long ago was this? I know you said last month. Every body and loss is different. In my experience, I usually do not ovulate the first “cycle” after a loss. I will have symptoms of ovulation (cramping, increased sex drive) but based on opks and cycle length vs lp length and bbt, they were anovulatory. With the hpts, if you wait a few days and test again that should give you an answer. It could be leftover hcg or a new pregnancy. For me, it takes usually 4-9 weeks for my hcg to come down to zero. But that is just my experience. I know women who ovulate and conceive without getting their first period. Hoping you get the outcome that you’re looking for

@DobbyForever Thank you! It was last month on Jan 20th. I did not even think about this one being an anovulatory cycle possibly but I could see that as a possibility. I continue to have light cramping here & there about once a day or so. It has been a weird cycle so just seeing what happens. Still early in the cycle but I'd love to figure it out & hopefully my body will get back on track quickly. I have tested occasionally with cheapies in case I did ovulate early but they are staying bfn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->