How early did you wean?

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
We have started giving Maley some baby rice at lunchtime....cos the bottles arent enough and even after a 7oz bottle (with cow and gate carobel to thicken it) she is moaning for more and every 2 hours!! She loves the rice and eats it but as i have only seen my HV once when she was few weeks old,....not sure if im doing the right thing.

i wouldn't worry. i started fin on cereal at about 3 months. i'm sure she'll be fine. if she's telling you she needs it, give it. xx

she loves it...actually moans when its finished!!! She is greedy!! But she is tiny!! still in newborn nappies size 2! I think she is like me....skinny but can eat like a horse!

she loves it...actually moans when its finished!!! She is greedy!! But she is tiny!! still in newborn nappies size 2! I think she is like me....skinny but can eat like a horse!

Ha ha. Well they say it takes LO's a while to get the hang of eating off a spoon but not my boy! He was leaning forward and screaming if I took it away!! I suppose some are just ready!! xxx

Ya nothing wrong with giving her some baby rice... the only thing I caution is giving her too much, most cereals are iron fortified and may constipate your baby.

Ya nothing wrong with giving her some baby rice... the only thing I caution is giving her too much, most cereals are iron fortified and may constipate your baby.

we only give her a little bit and we gave her some the oher day to see if it done anything but she was unaffected....will still see how she goes though

we weaned just after 6months, but maddi was ready then, i would say just follow your LO and your instincts :)

i say its up to u hun i was giving archie baby rice from 2 n half months as bottles just wont enough for him...he dint have no trouble taking it off a spoon lol now i gives it him in the morning and at night...sum health visitors dont like it very much if you wean them before 4-6 months lol i no mine didnt but shes ur baby u decide xx

We started weaning at just under 5 months. x

we started at 11weeks. she was constantly hungry and wasnt putting on weight. my HV told me the government reccomends 16weeks at the earliest, but it used to be 12 weeks, she weaned her kids then with no problems. at the end of the day, you know your own baby xx

I weaned at 5 1/2 months although I did try him on rice, porridge and banana at 4 months as was recommended by the HV because he was always a very hungry baby.

However my baby wasn't ready at 4 months, he would swallow if you set the food on his tongue but I was going by the guideline of putting the food on the tip of their tongue and if they can move that around their mouth and swallow then they are ready.

We weaned Erin at just under 6 months, she was only just about ready. It took her a while to understand feeding off a spoon but 4 weeks on she is great and eats everything. We started her with chicken puree yesterday which she loved. I am loving feeding her solids. xx

I started Holly at 15 weeks on baby rice and she was so ready. Took to eating off a spoon as if she had been doing it since she was born.

I also love feeding her solids and enjoy making my own food. I gave her brocolli and cauliflour cheese tonight and she went mad for it. she loves fromage frais so much that she opens her mouth so wide for it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->