How early was your scan, what could you see?

fandabby

Mom to 4 + 1 Angel
Reaction score
Evening ladies

Long story short. I fell pregnant in July, lost baby 10 weeks, 7 week miscarriage started 4th Oct through to 23 November.

As it took so long didnt want to wait, we got lucky and caught before AF. I checked for ovulation, had 0 on persona monitor 29 and 30 Nov and positive opk on 30th so probably ovulated 1 Dec.

Been light bleeding since Monday night. No clots not heavy bleeding but have to wear pad. No major cramping either. Did clearblue digi this morning and it did say 3+. Based on 1 December ovulation i would be 5+3 so that was a relief.

I'm in UK, you don't book in with midwife until 8 weeks, because of high miscarriage rate.

I'm considering contacting midwife tomorrow and ask for a scan. Do you think that's good idea, I need to know why I am bleeding.

If they scan me internally can anyone through their experience say what they could see at around 5+4ish mark.

Thanks.

I had light bleeding between 5+2 and 5+6 on and off and they wouldnt scan me until 6+3 as they said they wouldnt be able to see anything which would only worry me more. Knew exactly how far along too as this is ivf pregnancy. At 6+3 we saw heartbeat and everything measuring fine.
Good luck x

I had an early scan at 8+2 weeks because of previous blighted ovum and i saw everything,baby was moving and saw a lovely heartbeat.

I'm inclined to wait as definitely not 6 weeks yet.

MiasMum - did they say why you bled?

My bleeding has lightened up to only when I wipe now. I will contact midwife to see what she says.

Thanks

I had one very early at 4 weeks+3 as I am high risk.
We seen a gestational sac.
1 week later at 5weeks+3 we seen gest sac, yolk sac and fetal pole.
2 weeks later gest sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and hb.

I had to go private for an early scan despite a previous loss. We saw heart beats and movement at 8 + 5. From what I've read over 6 wks is best. Good luck.x

i had an early scan at 5w due to some pain, no sac was seen. Went back for another scan at 6w2d, gest sac, yolk sac & fetal pole were seen + beautiful heartbeat :)

i remember my doctor was saying 6w is the earliest to see anything.

All the best to you!

Hi

So far I have had 3 scans 2 internal & 1 external all at the epau because of 3-4 episods of bleeding & previous mmc in September.

When I first sore the bleeding I went to my gp who was great he took bloods & rang through to the epau & asked if they could take over my care due to my past experience, which they did.

I went a week later expecting more bloods but they said my hormone levels where high enough for a scan sore yolk sac & gestation sac that's it roughly 5-6 weeks. Then 2 weeks later I was scheduled to go back this time saw little bean 7+4 with heart beat. I then went to A&E roughly a week later due to large bleed in knickers & filled the toilet (tmi) sorry. They couldn't scan me for another couple of days so had to go back but all was fine saw baby & heartbeat 8-9 weeks.

Currently I've been told to hold tight until my 12 week scan early January. Am just hoping I see no more blood as it panics me so much. FX honey if they don't offer to scan you maybe book a private one. But from my experience u feel more at ease just after the scan then all the worries come back. This trimester is the worse especially for those of us who have experienced losses :0( xxx

I had a vaginal scan with Thomas at 5+4 and saw the sack, yolk and fetal pole with heartbeat. I saw nothing with the abdominal scan so I was glad when they switched to vaginal. I too bleed from 5 weeks, it lased about 8 days. No reason was seen.

My OB wants to wait until 6 or 7 weeks so we'll see a heartbeat.

5+6 I saw 2 gestational sacs. One contained a yolk sac and perhaps the start of a foetal pole, the other was empty. The sac that had the yolk sac is now a wiggley 13 week old foetus. The empty sac has now completely disappeared.

Ladies

Thank you so much for your experiences. My bleeding looks like it is slowing down, day 5. I left a detailed message for midwife at our surgery to contact me and the reason why but not heard from her so I guess she is not working today.

My pain and cramping has eased right off too so do not think it can be ectopic.

Hopefully she will contact me beginning of next week and put me forward for a scan. Fingers crossed we will see our lil one is alive and well, I'll be going into 6 weeks next week so hopefully will see everything.

Watch this space.

Will keep you all updated and thanks again.

I went to the dr yesterday as I'm terrified of another MMC. My digi's aren't ticking over from 1-2 weeks and I just feel crap about it all. He's taking a urine sample on Monday and then going to get me in with my MW earlier if possible. If not around 6 weeks he is going to refer me to the EPAU and get me scanned but he says it's best over 6 weeks as they are likely to see more

Fingers crossed your MW gets back to you soon!

:flow:

I went to the dr yesterday as I'm terrified of another MMC. My digi's aren't ticking over from 1-2 weeks and I just feel crap about it all. He's taking a urine sample on Monday and then going to get me in with my MW earlier if possible. If not around 6 weeks he is going to refer me to the EPAU and get me scanned but he says it's best over 6 weeks as they are likely to see more

Fingers crossed your MW gets back to you soon!

:flow:

Good luck with your appointments.

I'm hoping MW will contact me early next week but with it being New Year now it could be week after.

The waiting is the hardest isn't it.

Those digi tests are known for not being accurate so try not to worry, wait for your blood results.

Evening ladies

Long story short. I fell pregnant in July, lost baby 10 weeks, 7 week miscarriage started 4th Oct through to 23 November.

As it took so long didnt want to wait, we got lucky and caught before AF. I checked for ovulation, had 0 on persona monitor 29 and 30 Nov and positive opk on 30th so probably ovulated 1 Dec.

Been light bleeding since Monday night. No clots not heavy bleeding but have to wear pad. No major cramping either. Did clearblue digi this morning and it did say 3+. Based on 1 December ovulation i would be 5+3 so that was a relief.

I'm in UK, you don't book in with midwife until 8 weeks, because of high miscarriage rate.

I'm considering contacting midwife tomorrow and ask for a scan. Do you think that's good idea, I need to know why I am bleeding.

If they scan me internally can anyone through their experience say what they could see at around 5+4ish mark.

Thanks.

Hi huni, sorry to hear what your going through and I wish you all the best. I am too in the uk and going through the exact same as you! I believe we've also ovulated around the same day which would make us the at same week.
I have been to the hospital today due bleeding. I have brown and red blood. They havent scanned me though but have scheduled me in for 3rd jan. They won't scan you until they are sure your past the 6 weeks mark, least thats what the doctors have always told me.
all the best

Hi huni, sorry to hear what your going through and I wish you all the best. I am too in the uk and going through the exact same as you! I believe we've also ovulated around the same day which would make us the at same week.
I have been to the hospital today due bleeding. I have brown and red blood. They havent scanned me though but have scheduled me in for 3rd jan. They won't scan you until they are sure your past the 6 weeks mark, least thats what the doctors have always told me.
all the best

Hi, sorry you are going through the stress of bleeding too. My bleeding stopped yesterday so bled for 5 days, ranging from pink, brown to deep red.

Being scanned end of this week should put you closer to 7 weeks so that will be good.

I'm hoping to hear from midwife tomorrow and if not, don't know whether to book in with a doctor or wait it out to hear from MW? As my bleeding has stopped doctor probably won't refer me anyway. :shrug:

Good luck with your scan and keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->