how early will they....

BabyUrq

Reaction score
i was wondering how early will they start checking to see if you've started to dilate?? i have my doc appointment tomorrow and i'll be 37 weeks on friday...i'm curious to see if i have based on the way i have been feeling on and off for the past couple weeks...i'm positive that the baby has moved down and come back up at least twice and may be starting to do it again today :shrug:

I was offered a check at 37 weeks, but I turned it down. You can sit at 2cm for weeks, or you can go from 0-10 in 24 hours. Since it doesn't really give any valuable information I opted out. At 41 weeks if baby hasn't come, I'll allow a check to see if anything's going on down there, but until then I don't see a point, personally.

I don't really want them checking. When I went to the hospital at 31 weeks they checked 3 times and it hurt like crazy.

true! doesn't make too much of a difference....its more for curiosity's sake....

If your in the UK then its only when your in labour or if you bleed/waters go

The consultant offered to check me when i was 37/38 weeks. I declined.

Fionar, you took the words right out of my mouth. Since my 1st, when I was at 3 cm at 37 weeks and still at 3 cm at 42+3 the day before she was born, I always decline, slight dilation at 37 weeks (1-2 cm) has no predictive effect of when baby will come.

I've been check quite often. 35 weeks 2 days, 36 w 2 days and then again at 36 w 5 days. However Im being induced at 37 w so my doctor needed to record what kind of meds I'd need while in the hospital.

My doc will check if I want any time after 35 weeks. It's up to you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->