How Far Along am I? Lower back pain.

KFrey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am a mom to a beautiful 15 month old and just tested positive for our second on Mother's Day. I am so paranoid though... I go in today to confirm the pregnancy. I keep having lower back cramping and it is worrying me. It's not extreme nor am I bleeding but do you think I'm okay? Is this normal? My husband said I cramped with our daughter but I don't remember that till later on not this early in the pregnancy.

Also, I don't know how far along I am... the first day of my last period was March 30th which would mean I am six weeks. But me and my husband were using a ovulation calculator (app) and using protection during that time so I believe I ovulated about a week later... I tested about two weeks ago and it was negative but two days ago it was very positive. Do you think I am about 4 weeks then or still 6 weeks??? Confused.

Wow... 79 views and not a single reply.

I'd guess you were closer to 4 weeks but the only way to find out will be the scan. The doctor will probably go by your lmp until it's confirmed by the scan. Also condoms are only 99% effective so it is possible you're 6 weeks!

And lower back pain / period style cramping is totally normal in early pregnancy. Mine still comes and goes now.

Thanks Anniebobs!! I hope to get a scan soon... after today's confirmation with my regular doctor.

I asked my doctor about this as by lmp I am 4 weeks 3 days but I know I ovulated on the 23rd and as I was booked in for a scan at 6 weeks I said oh but I'll only be at 4 so we won't see a heart beat she said by lmp I should see a heartbeat as it's always worked out by lmp and not gestational age

Yeah you always go by LMP, because you can never be sure exactly when conception happened even if you're almost positive when you Ovulated. Plus sperm can live up to 5-7 days in the right conditions. I had to explain to my husband that I was actually 10 weeks even though I wasn't pregnant for the first 2 weeks of it x) He kept saying
"so you're really 8 weeks?" its hard to determine when conception actually happened.
Were you using any other ways to tell that you were Ovulating? Besides the app. like OPKs or checking CM? You could have Ovulated earlier than you thought.

Yeah you always go by LMP, because you can never be sure exactly when conception happened even if you're almost positive when you Ovulated. Plus sperm can live up to 5-7 days in the right conditions. I had to explain to my husband that I was actually 10 weeks even though I wasn't pregnant for the first 2 weeks of it x) He kept saying
"so you're really 8 weeks?" its hard to determine when conception actually happened.
Were you using any other ways to tell that you were Ovulating? Besides the app. like OPKs or checking CM? You could have Ovulated earlier than you thought.

I was just using the app... If I ovulated earlier wouldn't the pregnancy test been positive earlier? Well I'm excited if I am 6 weeks :) Have our first ultrasound set up for 5/21!! Thanks Ladies for your replies, I really appreciate it.

Maybe, but I know you're really not supposed to test until you've missed your period. Even with the early detection. Like with my doctor I know you had to be over a week late even if you got a positive home test before they'd give you a blood test. Its obnoxious x) I have my first appointment the same day! but I won't get an ultrasound, just a doppler reading and my initial exams.

Maybe, but I know you're really not supposed to test until you've missed your period. Even with the early detection. Like with my doctor I know you had to be over a week late even if you got a positive home test before they'd give you a blood test. Its obnoxious x) I have my first appointment the same day! but I won't get an ultrasound, just a doppler reading and my initial exams.

I got my first blood test before my missed period as I tested positive really early

If it helps I felt a lot of stretching and cramping 4-5 weeks. I actually thought I was further on than I am. We weren't actively ttc and I have pcos so my cycles irregular and quite long (this baby was am bit of a miracle really). I took a frer and the line was pretty much the same colour as the control line and I could only have been 4+1.

I would guess you were between 4-5 weeks. Try a digi iwith conception indicator f you can and it might give you a better idea x

If it helps I felt a lot of stretching and cramping 4-5 weeks. I actually thought I was further on than I am. We weren't actively ttc and I have pcos so my cycles irregular and quite long (this baby was am bit of a miracle really). I took a frer and the line was pretty much the same colour as the control line and I could only have been 4+1.

I would guess you were between 4-5 weeks. Try a digi iwith conception indicator f you can and it might give you a better idea x

I have PCOS too and it took 2 years for us to conceive our first. I was super paranoid my first pregnancy and it seems I am following suit with this one.

I keep telling myself no matter how much I worry whatever is going to happen will happen. I have no control...

I am really looking forward to Wednesday and finding out how far along I REALLY am. I think I will buy one of those tests that detects it.

SO EXCITED!

I took a ClearBlue Advanced pregnancy test that estimates how many weeks it has been since you ovulated and it came back saying I was 3+ weeks. So I am at least 5 weeks along.
:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->