How far gone will they say I am & early pregnancy scan

Kalia101

Reaction score
Hi

I got my BFP Friday at 11dpo but I was on cd 60! My last period was on 9th September I then didn't have one October and I got my first positive opk on the 26th October and every day until the 29th I had ovulation pains cd 28 so guessing this is when I ovulated.

So will they class me as being 8 weeks pregnant from last time I had my period or will they class me as almost 4 weeks and count 2 weed before I ovulated as when I should of had my period but didn't?

I'm really confused also does any one know how the early scans work I had an ectopic in 2009 and had my tube removed do you know how many weeks you are for an early scan to see anything?

Thanks xxx

They would consider the date you ovulated more than anything, you would be considered around 4 weeks. Your baby didnt even start developing until conception around the time of ovulation.

you will probably have an earlier scan this time due to your previous ectopic in order to catch any complications sooner this time. plan to have a scan in probably 2 to 3 weeks.

Usually they just use last menstrual period dates until you have a scan xx

In my experience they will go off LMP so that will mean your dates will be way out, last time I had a mega long cycle and managed to persuade my Dr to base the date on O plus 2 weeks as I had been charting but the midwife would only go off LMP when arranging my 12 week scan and I knew the scan would then be way too early so I managed to push it back a couple of weeks but it was still about 2 weeks early!

Maybe take any charts with you to show them if you have them to help with your scan date, I guess though that if they do scan too early they may just book you in for another a couple of weeks on? I am not sure on early scan dates for ectopic, for my bleeding it has been 7 weeks but I would think earlier for ectopic.

Good luck :flower:

Yeah I was thinking if in classed as 4 weeks now if you go by 2 weeks before ovulation because of the ectopic it would be in the next two weeks I should have my scan to make sure it's in correct place, I hope they don't go by lmp as then il be classed as 8 weeks & completely wrong ah we will see I have drs Wednesday but going to try & get in tomorrow instead x thanks for ppls replies :) xxx

midwives would go of last period but if you talk to them they should accept your o date because of your long cycles. but once you have your scan they will class that as your due date xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->